Position Status: Tier 3Non-Benefited
4 daily hoursSalary Range A
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Proof MMR And Hepatitis B Health Record and Tuberculosis Clearance
Three Professional References
The job of Crossing Guard is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process with specific responsibilities for ensuring for the safety and welfare of students in transit to and/or from school; and communicating observations and/or incidents that may impact the general well being of students.
This job reports to Principal/Maintenance Facilitator
- Assists students, parents, staff and visitors for the purpose of providing safe access to and from assigned location.
- Maintains job related equipment (e.g. stop sign, vests, street signs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of required items.
- Monitors student behavior entering and exiting school grounds for the purpose of ensuring student compliance with established guidelines, and maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Refers incidents including personal injuries, altercations, rule violations, etc. to appropriate site personnel for the purpose of ensuring follow-up in accordance with administrative, site security and student safety guidelines.
- Responds to inquiries from students and parents regarding campus security issues for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
- Sets-up and takes down speed limit indicators for the purpose of identifying crosswalks before and after school.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: safety practices and procedures; traffic laws.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: displaying tact and courtesy; being attentive to detail; and maintaining confidentiality.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 30% walking, and 60% standing. The job is performed under temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is required.
Required Testing Certificates Continuing Educ./Training District Clearances Universal Background FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Range A (12.00)
Non Exempt Contact Information
- Luciano Munoz
- 450 W 6TH ST
- Yuma, Arizona 853642973