Staff Assistant IV Classification Title:
Behavior Interventionist Pay Range:
A, School Days Hours:
7/Day, 35/Week GENERAL PURPOSE
Support the implementation of District wide behavior systems, including; understanding, training, and implementing behavior interventions for students with Tier 2 and Tier 3 plans. MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the check-in and check-out interventions with students.
- Ensure that students have a tracker and all necessary materials to be successful.
- Ensure data was entered correctly and share data with students.
- Home visits and parent communications that build a positive relationship between home and school.
- Facilitate the social skills groups.
- Collect, analyze, and share data.
- Participate in the Tier 2 and Tier 3 CHAT teams.
- Attend weekly CHAT meetings.
- Participate in weekly Behavior department PLCs.
- Support in BIP implementation as determined by the team.
- Complete BIP fidelity checks.
- Facilitate communication between students and teachers.
- Communicate with the Behavior department and school administration.
- Support students in accessing academic support.
- Support school teams in accessing resources outside of the District.
- Attend recess/lunch as needed when supporting a BIP or intervention group.
This position will not:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Be part of an in-school suspension room.
- Act as a substitute for missing staff members.
- Supervise lunch and/or recess.
- Be the parent contact for disciplinary actions.
- Be in charge of holding any meetings or trainings.
- Communicate with teachers regarding changes in behavior plans.
- Associates degree is preferred but not required.
- 48 semester college credit hours or a passing score on the ParaPro Test.
- 1 year experience in a school, educational, or comparable setting is required.
- Behavior tech certification is preferred but not required.
Job Category: Special Education > Behavior Specialist / EBD Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Jessica Bennington
- 1950 Monroe Blvd
- Ogden, Utah 84401