~~CLOVER SCHOOL DISTRICT Job Description
The job of Guidance Counselor is done for the purpose/s of managing the schedules and placement of assigned students providing course curriculum; information and recommendations to students; developing plans and/or providing information regarding students' goals; and ensuring completion of students' applications within designated time frame.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Composes a wide variety of materials (e.g. quantity reports, student activities, correspondence, audits, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
• Coordinates with teachers, college and university personnel, resource specialists and/or community (e.g. service clubs, courts, child protective services, etc.) for the purpose of providing/receiving requested information and/or making recommendations.
• Counsels students, parents, and guardians for the purpose of enhancing student success in school.
• Develops a variety of special programs (e.g. career night, financial aid workshops, etc.) for the purpose of providing information to assist students in the successful transition from high school to career, training and/or continuing education.
• Monitors students' progress for the purpose of identifying issues and taking appropriate action for increasing student success.
• Prepares applications for students (e.g. scholarships, college, financial aid, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion of application processes within designated time frames.
• Presents information (e.g. budget overviews, accounting processes, distribution formulas, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
• Researches program eligibility requirements (e.g. financial aid, college eligibility. etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date, accurate counsel to students.
• Schedules student classes for the purpose of securing appropriate placement and meeting their graduation and college eligibility requirements.
• Supervises assigned programs (e.g. scholarships, peer counseling, special education, ESL, etc.) for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and
achieving overall curriculum objectives.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: using pertinent software applications; applying assessment instruments; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and planning and managing projects.
Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: stages of child development.
Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; and working with frequent interruptions.
Job Category: Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Tony Hemingway
- 604 Bethel St
- Clover, South Carolina 29710