FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS
OFFICE OF HEALTH & WELLNESS TITLE:
Executive Assistant to the Office of Health and Wellness POSITION SUMMARY
To assist the Office of Health & Wellness in the day-to-day operations, planning, organization, and control of an efficient office that provides the maximum benefits to the students, teachers, administrators, and citizens of Framingham. Provide assistance to the Department Director and Assistant Director. OUR MISSION
Framingham Public Schools is committed to excellence for all students. A core value, embedded in the district's philosophy and goals, is that "all children will learn". Offering equitable access to education to all of our students hinges largely on providing the highest quality teachers in every school and classroom.
Diversity among teachers undoubtedly advances the academic achievement of students. Compliance obligations establish the baseline; as a district, Framingham Public Schools are committed to achieving, developing, and maintaining a workforce reflective of the rich racial, linguistic, and cultural diversity of our students. Framingham Public Schools aims to teach our children, and ourselves, to be culturally proficient and inclusive in order to live, learn, and work together in a vibrant and diverse world.
Indeed, Framingham Public Schools is committed to inspiring our school community to be accepting and willing to learn from individuals with differing backgrounds. Our goal is to reflect the diverse community we serve and create a great place to work for everyone by embracing the individual skills, perspectives, and experiences our people bring to the workplace and harnessing these for high performance and improved service delivery. We want our employees to feel included, valued, and respected and have access to equal opportunity, which supports full participation at work. Framingham Public Schools seeks to retain the diverse talent in our workforce and support our people to maintain a long and productive working career.
Framingham Public Schools is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of five years' experience as an Administrative/Executive Assistant to an Executive.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, in working with teachers, administrators, support staff, parents/community, and outside agencies.
Framingham Public Schools seeks candidates whose background, teaching, or service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of education. Also, we are interested in candidates who will bring to their professional practice the perspective that comes from a non-traditional educational background or an understanding of the experiences of those underrepresented in the educational field. SKILLS AND ABILITY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Computer skills and knowledge of appropriate applications including Microsoft Office, X2, MUNIS, and Google Docs are essential. Demonstration of supervisory skills and commensurate experience, ability to establish and maintain organized office systems and procedures, effective interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, ability to maintain the confidentiality of information, ability to take notes and transcribe information, ability to work independently and take initiative to recommend and pursue relevant projects and ability to conduct research and produce reports. Ability to embrace and adapt to changes in procedures and job duties, if needed, due to process improvement, change in law, and/or new systems that may be implemented to better streamline the needs of the department(s). ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Answers and monitors inquiries directed to the Health and Wellness Department.
- Provides administrative support for the Department Director and Assistant Director, including managing calls, calendars, communication, and daily requests. Also assists with administrative support for the Department PBIS Coordinator, Attendance Officer, McKinney Vento Clinical Care Coordinator, and the SEMH team.
- Organizes dates for all staff and department meetings, including nurses, social workers, school counselors, and psychologists.
- Maintains current contact information for all Health & Wellness staff.
- Updates Health & Wellness district webpage.
- Reserves rooms and building permits for all departmental meetings and trainings, including Director and Assistant Director meetings, Nurse staff meetings, Guidance, Social Workers and Psychologists, PBIS, Section 504 Coordinators, Wellness Committees, and ESHS meetings.
- Reports weekly payroll for the Health and Wellness Department, including Director, Assistant Director, SEHM Behavior team (Clinical Psychologist and Behavior Specialist), Mckinney Vento Coordinator, PBIS Coordinator, Attendance Officer, School Physician, 20 Nurses, and all Substitute Nurses, via timesheets and AESOP or Billheads.
- Performs necessary functions in Munis related to departmental purchases, requisitions, vendors, etc.
- Tracks all RC and grant budget expenses and related monthly reports from Munis.
- Coordinates and facilitates all administrative tasks associated with departmental grants, including but not limited to DPH ESHS Grant reports, purchases, mileage reimbursements, and tracking of expenses.
- Coordinates all Service agreements and contracts for outside vendors.
- Completes all administrative tasks associated with various department initiatives and special projects, including but not limited to the district's Wellness Initiative, Emergency Planning, and Code of Character, Conduct, and Support.
- Completes all administrative tasks associated with Section 504, including support to district 504 coordinators with regard to utilizing X2 to create plans; facilitating 504 training.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and supportive material for any presentation including but not limited to budget matters and School Committee meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Health & Wellness and Director of Health & Wellness.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work in an office with moderate noise levels (such as computers and printers) and controlled temperature conditions. The position requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, and to reach with hands and arms occasionally. Ability to talk and to hear continuously. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds periodically. Finger dexterity is required continuously for the normal work shift, such as for typing, filing, dialing the phone, etc. Some travel between schools may be necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license is required; the employee shall be compensated per the contract with a travel allowance as the applicable rate per the Framingham Teachers Association Administrative Support (Unit S) Contract. REPORTS TO:
Director and Assistant Director of Health and Wellness. The performance of this job will be evaluated as per the Framingham Teachers Association Administrative Support (Unit S) Contract. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Not Applicable. FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) CLASSIFICATION:
This position is classified as non-exempt. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Covered under the Framingham Teachers Association Administrative Support (Unit S) Contract. Please note that the District reserves the right to transfer all personnel among buildings on an as-needed basis to serve the best interests of all students as long as such transfer is in compliance with the Framingham Teachers Association Administrative Support (Unit S) Contract. HELPFUL LINKS: Framingham Secretarial Association (Unit S) Contract Click here for more information about our amazing benefits!
Framingham Public Schools provides equal employment. opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Framingham Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the District has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Framingham Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Category: Support Staff > Administrative Assistant Equal Opportunity Employer
Framingham Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Tiago Gadens, Staffing Manager
- 73 Mt Wayte Ave
- Framingham, Massachusetts 01702