Title: Private Tutor
Job Classification: Non-exempt
Location: Boston, MA (Back Bay)
Employment Category: Full-time
Salary: $60,000-90,000 per year, commensurate with experience
Start Date: ASAP
O'Connor Professional Group (OPG) is recruiting candidates for a full-time Private Tutor. This unique role would offer in-person, educational support to one young adult female client.
The Private Tutor will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and engaging in daily, interactive educational activities with the client. Her interests are primarily focused in the areas of math, technology, and science, but also include art, travel, and animals. The goals of this role include the following: assisting the client in identifying areas of educational interest, developing her problem-solving skills, and continuing her exploration of intellectual activities.
• Reviewing relevant educational testing and assessing the client's areas of interest and growth
• Developing a daily schedule of STEM-based activity options and hands-on materials in collaboration with client
• Participating in scheduled activities with the client
• Identifying and modifying instructional resources to meet the client's needs
• Demonstrating fundamental knowledge of the connection between technology, science, and other fields of study
• Empowering the client to develop a set of short- and long-term educational goals
• Creating a plan to support client in the completion of her high school diploma (if client indicates an interest in this) and other identified academic goals
• Supporting the client with executive functioning skills
• Supporting the client with developing and implementing organizational skills
• Assisting with time management and other activities of daily living as needed to support academic success
• Communicating effectively with the client's parents, clinical team members and school professionals as needed
• Engaging in recreational activities, including exercise, artistic endeavors, activities with animals and music
• Additional duties to be assigned as deemed appropriate
All interested candidates please email resume to: [email protected]
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Instructional Support > Tutor Job Requirements
• Master's degree or higher in STEM-related field preferred but not required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution
• Experience working with adolescents and/or young adults preferred (in a tutor or special educator role strongly preferred)
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation for business use
• Interpersonal Skills: Ability to develop a therapeutic alliance; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Adaptability: Entrepreneurial spirit; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Shawna Gello
- 65 Sprague Street
- Boston, Massachusetts 02136