Provide special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to match student ability levels. Work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certification:
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required special education endorsements for assignments Special Knowledge/Skills:
Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
Knowledge of Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting and meeting process and implementation
Knowledge of how to adapt curriculum and instruction for special needs
Effective communication skills TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days SALARY:
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees http://www.cfisd.net/en/job-seekers/why-cfisd/teacher-hiring-schedule/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Attendance
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function
Student Growth and Development
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEPs for each student assigned.
- Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Present subject matter effectively and according to guidelines established by IEP. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media including technology to meet the needs and capabilities of each student assigned.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
- Participate in IEP Committee meetings on a regular basis.
- Participate in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional media.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students as stated in IEP.
- Assume responsibility for approved extracurricular activities or outside activities as assigned.
- Consult district and outside resource people regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs of students, as needed.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline including intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Plan and assign the work of teacher aide(s) and oversee completion, if assigned.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for special education teachers.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain professional relationships with parents, students, and colleagues.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Tools/Equipment Used
- Direct the work of instructional aide(s), if assigned.
: Personal computer and peripherals, and other instructional equipment Posture:
Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting Motion:
Frequent walking Lifting:
May require regular heavy lifting (45 pounds or more) and positioning of students with physical disabilities, control behavior through physical restraint, assist non-ambulatory students, and lift and move adaptive and other classroom equipment; may work prolonged or irregular hours Environment:
Exposure to biological hazards. Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise Mental Demands:
Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication. BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS: http://www.cfisd.net/en/job-seekers/career-opportunities/become-teacher/
Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education Contact Information