The job of Systems Security Administrator is done for the purpose/s of designing, configuring, and managing mission critical systems for the Clarke County School District; providing information, direction, and/or recommendations regarding security and safety; and providing customer service oriented technical support to district faculty, staff, and parents.Direct Supervisor
Director - Technology Essential Functions
- Manages security for products, tools, or programs.
- Ensures that all enterprise level and network security systems are in place, functioning properly and are in compliance with industry standards.
- Performs security hardening of computer systems.
- Assists with initial setup, software installation, testing, and daily operations of server systems.
- Maintains software, including testing, evaluation and installation of new versions.
- Performs software patching and keeps systems in compliance with applicable standards.
- Troubleshoots hardware/software problems and system failures.
- Determines and initiates appropriate and immediate actions needed to restore normal services with minimal down time. Investigates recurring system failures by reviewing system logs and other information from clients or technical personnel. Identifies trends and source of problem, and initiates corrective action.
- Works with hardware and software vendors to diagnose and correct problems.
- Monitors and evaluates operating efficiency, analyzes hardware/software performance and tuning.
- Performs long-range and capacity planning studies to determine the type of resources needed to support expected volume, types of application systems and operating assurance.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares a variety of materials (procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (staff, administrators, school site personnel, outside vendors and service providers, etc.) for the purpose of providing technical assistance, advice, and support.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Skills-based Competencies
Required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: utilizing diagnostic tools (hand tools, air compressor, cleaners, etc.); adhering to safety practices; and maintaining accurate records.
- Knowledge-based Competencies
Required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: maintenance and repair of computers, printers, monitors, and interface devises; operation of computer and electronic test equipment and tools; principles of digital electronics; operation of electronic test equipment; basic electricity as it relates to computers and peripherals; record keeping; safety measures; and basic inventory procedures.
- Ability-based Competencies
Required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather and/or collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with similar types of data; and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is significant. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; establishing effective working relationships; displaying mechanical aptitude; communicating with technologically diverse groups; being attentive to detail; and working under time constraints. Requirements
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Valid Georgia Driver's License
College degree in job related area preferred
CompTIA A+ certification preferred Physical Requirements
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity.
Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 30% walking, and 30% standing. Continuing Education/Training
Criminal Justice Fingerprint
Background Clearance Fair Labor Standards Act
Job Category: Support Staff > Safety/Security Equal Opportunity Employer
Clarke County School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Roshanna Griffin
- Athens, Georgia 30603