School Nurse/ReceptionJob Description
The school nurse/receptionist maintains a positive "face" of the school at the front desk, taking a primary role in school safety and student health. This person's focus is "welcome and wellness." Main Functions
To take care of the day to day health needs of the students including maintaining documentation and proper reporting, to implement the school's health and safety plans and policies, including policies related to COVID-19, assist with assigned administrative duties and to welcome and direct people courteously at the school and on the phone. To assure an efficient, effective and friendly reception and health area. Full Time Position
- 5 days per week: 7:30pm - 3:45pm.
- Start Date: January 19, 2021
- End Date: June 8, 2021 (with possibility of contract renewal for 2021-22 school year)
- Pay: $23/hr plus benefits
- Take a lead in regards to student/staff first-aid and illness
- Learn and utilize all school policies, protocols and guidance as related to COVID-19
- Screen students for COVID-19 symptoms such as temperature check, etc.
- Isolate any symptomatic individuals and follow school protocol
- Maintain an open and regular relationship with Orange Co. Health Department.
- Maintain student health records
- Create student health plans for those who need it. (including updates based on COVID-19)
- Communicate with parents and teachers about student health issues
- Write a diabetes care plan for the school and train staff in regards to care for specific diabetic students. Complete state required diabetes report by state deadline.
- Prepare, stock and maintain first aid kits in the school.
- Participate in the first-responders school team.
- Secure and properly administer any medications students require
- Maintain accurate documentation of illnesses, medications, etc.
- Complete health reports to submit to the state.
- Check immunization records for compliance. Notify parents of non-compliance.
- Lice head checks as necessary
- Send any health letters necessary to applicable families
- Maintain health supplies and place orders for health supplies when necessary following school's order procedures.
- Help with clean up and general disinfection of classrooms after illness.
- Assure staff is trained on state required health modules such as blood borne pathogens and diabetes care: Prepare and present training for staff regarding health issues (Diabetes, bloodborne pathogens, Mask wearing, AED, etc)
- Conduct student vision screenings at appropriate ages.
- Prepare and assist with training for students on COVID-19 issues such as handwashing, mask wearing and symptoms
- Assist with sexual health and wellness lessons for middle school students.
Other Administrative Duties:
- Be a friendly and helpful "first-contact" for visitors and guests.
- Follow school's safety protocols regarding visitors, including all guidelines, policies and procedures related to visitors and COVID-19
- Welcome and check-in people at the building in a courteous manner and assist them with directions, etc. Explain COVID procedures to visitors, minimize visitations to classrooms.
- Answer phones and direct calls in a courteous manner
- Assist volunteers with directions, locations, copier, etc.
- Assist with Executive Secretaries duties when she/he is absent
- If applicable: Translate documents or spoken conversation
- Assist with lunch deliveries, student missing lunches, etc.
- Maintain school lunch food supply
- Notify administrative specialist when lunch items need replenishing
- Enrollment Paperwork
- Process enrollment paperwork as it is delivered to school
- Contact families to obtain missing items
- Maintain a filing system for this paperwork
- CPR certified
- Registered school nurse, and/or registered nurse with experience with children
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred, but not required.
- Exemplifies a strong inner moral compass. Values and exudes core principles like honesty, integrity, and respect. Emphasizes the same to faculty, staff, and administrators, and holds them accountable for their actions.
- Self-Directed. Able to work unsupervised.
- Friendly demeanor. Enjoys children. Patient.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Classroom Teacher > Health
Student Services > School Nurse
Support Staff > Receptionist Contact Information
- Sally Whitaker
- 437 Dimmocks Mill Rd
- Hillsborough, North Carolina 27278