Chief Salary Schedule (starting salary of $154,360 annually)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work schedule: Full time with flexible hours required
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is responsible for providing operational leadership to all functional areas of the District. The COO oversees the management of facilities, plant operations, maintenance, custodial services, school safety, transportation, and food services. The COO reports directly to the Superintendent of Pittsburgh Public Schools, and serves as a member of the Executive Cabinet.
- A Master's degree in Business Administration or Public Administration, or related field, or Bachelor's degree in relevant area coupled with at least 5 years of experience in comparable role required.
- Five years of relevant experience with at least five years of management experience in policy making.
- Previous experience working for a school district or public organization is preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Familiar with PA Public School Code of 1949 as amended.
- Strong understanding of internal controls.
- Proven project management, planning and forecasting skills.
- Experience managing public school construction projects preferred.
- Experience overseeing custodial functions and facility maintenance preferred.
- Highly developed organizational skills that resulted in the efficient utilization of staff and their continuing professional development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively engage a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent the District internally and externally in a manner that supports the District's values, mission statement, and standards of professional conduct.
- Ability to solve problems within a fast-paced and complex environment.
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide leadership for the respective functions mentioned above to include direct supervision of the functional head as well as overall planning, organizing, directing, budgeting, and staffing for the function.
2. Oversee the day-to-day activities of functional groups within Operations, which includes facilities, plant operations, maintenance, custodial services, school safety, transportation, and food services.
3. Develop and monitor the implementation of the District's Facilities Master Plan.
4. Build and lead an effective and cohesive Operations management team.
5. Monitor Operations performance and provide updates to the Superintendent and Board as appropriate.
6. Analyze operational performance and assist operational units with implementing corrective actions to meet operational unit objectives.
7. Oversee the development and implementation of operational systems that will help the District grow and deliver its services more efficiently.
8. Work cohesively with other members of the Executive Cabinet to serve the interests of the District.
9. Act as liaison with the Board, other divisions of the District, and other agencies and organizations on matters related to facilities, construction management, transportation, food service, safety and maintenance.
10. Oversee the maintenance of closed school buildings throughout the District.
11. Develop and recommend staffing levels, operational procedures, and fiscal prudence around the cleaning of the school facilities and the heating and lighting of those facilities.
12. Remain knowledgeable of emerging developments in administrative functions and school construction management through participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, and literature.
13. Keep abreast of pertinent legal, regulatory, and administrative developments that impact the school district.
14. Participate in other activities at the pleasure of the Superintendent and/or Board.
# of Jobs1
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Salary: $154,360 Per Year
Job Categories: Administrator > Pupil Personnel
Administrator > Facilities
Administrator > Food Services
Administrator > Safety/Security
Administrator > Transportation Employer Description
Join Pittsburgh Public Schools
Pittsburgh Public Schools is committed to accelerating student achievement, eliminating racial disparities, creating a positive school and district culture, and fostering innovation. . As an urban public school district, we serve students who are racially, linguistically, and culturally diverse. We educate and support the whole child and prepare every student to achieve academic excellence and strength of character, so that they have the opportunity to succeed in all aspects of life. Our students need culturally-responsive educators who know how to leverage students' unique skills, interests, and learning styles to create a learning experience that unequivocally includes and empowers each and every student.
Pittsburgh Public Schools graduates have a unique opportunity to earn up to $40,000 for college or technical school through The Pittsburgh Promise® scholarship organization. By offering rigorous academic programs, focusing on milestones such as reading proficiency and algebra readiness, and providing all students with the supports they need to graduate, together we are working to ensure all Pittsburgh students graduate ready to take advantage of the Promise.
If you want to make an impact on the nearly 25,000 students enrolled in our schools, and help our students build a bridge to success in college, career, and life, consider a career with Pittsburgh Public Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Pittsburgh Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- At least 10 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Edy Anako
- 341 S. Bellefield Ave.
- Pgh, Pennsylvania 15213