The classroom facilitator will be assigned to a classroom. They are required to be in-person daily supporting a virtual teacher. Pay Grade:
Hourly/Temporary Period of Employment:
During COVID Description Approved/ Revised:
12/2020 FLSA Status
: Non-Exempt Supervised by and/or Reports to:
Classroom Teacher, Building Administrator General Responsibilities
: Provides in-person classroom support to a teacher who is delivering instruction remotely. Essential Duties:
(This list is intended solely as an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude their addition if they are similar to or a logical extension of the position.)
Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintains order and discipline while managing students in the classroom environment.
- Supports and assists students in learning class material by providing students with individualized attention while the classroom teacher is delivering virtual instruction.
- Escorts and supervises students during transition times throughout the school day.
- Assists with distributing and collecting materials as directed by building administrator and/or classroom teacher.
- Operates and troubleshoots technology to include cameras, learning platforms, and learning tools.
- Performs administrative and non-instructional duties such as daily attendance.
- Ensures all CDC and school division COVID-19 protocols are implemented and followed.
- Ensures students remain on task.
- Clarifies instructions and directions.
- Assists students with carrying out daily routine classroom procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Broad knowledge of the practices, methods, and techniques used in classroom teaching and classroom management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow directions given by the classroom teacher.
- Must be comfortable with basic technology equipment and tools.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, staff, and parents.
- Ability to implement and monitor all safety protocols and procedures.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Prior experience with computers and technology preferred.
- Experience in an educational setting and/or prior teaching/instructional experience preferred.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to: a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, or repetitive motions required.
Manassas City Public Schools assures equal employment opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by federal and state orders and laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. It is neither intended to be, nor should it be construed as, an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. The administration reserves the right to modify, assign, or remove duties as necessary.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Equal Opportunity Employer
Manassas City Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Lydia Ware
- 8700 Centreville Road
- Suite 310
- Manassas, Virginia 20110