Jan 04, 2021
Green Dot Public Schools
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Thank you for your interest. If you are a Green Dot employee, please apply using the Career Worklet on the Workday Home Page.
The Instructional Technology Specialist is in charge of integrating technology to accelerate learning outcomes for all students. Both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer, the Instructional Technology Specialist works for the Green Dot CA Education Team and collaborates with the Information Technology (IT) team as well as the Knowledge Management (KM) team of Green Dot National to serve student and staff needs and enable equitable outcomes for all learners.
The Instructional Technology Specialist will support existing and new academic technology tools, lead the charge in developing new partnerships with academic technology tools and coach stakeholders at both the district and school level.
Related to existing academic technology:
Coordinate staff professional development, workshops and office hours to train or retrain stakeholders and build momentum for the various tools
Organize knowledge of and communicate current research findings and forecasts related to the effective use of technology within the district
Assess the impact of current tools to determine usage and implementation outcomes
Update tools and training materials when needed, in order to comply with California technology learning requirements for digital safety, rules and regulations.
Maintain software licenses inventory for District Office and schools within the district
Related to future academic technology partnerships:
Facilitate the vetting process for new technology partners and share reports with stakeholders
* Organize demos with stakeholders
* Facilitate contract signature
* Document each step of the process
Create a training package for new technology launches, including materials for all relevant stakeholders (administrators, teachers, parents)
Collaborate with IT/IS teams prior to purchasing hardware or software to ensure compatibility with Green Dot's current technology ecosystem
Gather technology wish lists from school leaders within the district on an annual basis
Related to the coaching and support of all stakeholders
Provide coaching and support to technology teachers across the district
Assist in orientation and specific training of new teaching staff regarding the current technology ecosystem
Provide professional learning opportunities and ongoing PD to extend responsible and creative uses of technology
Disseminate technology-related information throughout the district via codified methods of communication
Produce an annual report of findings, recommendations, and specification at a district level
You are a self-directed, strategic thinker with:
* A valid teaching credential with a minimum of five years of classroom experience and demonstrated success
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, collaboration, organization skills
* The enthusiasm and credibility to create and sustain instructional momentum in the appropriate use of technology at a district level
* A high level of software competency and experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, PowerSchool, Tableau and various instructional technology apps (Nearpod, Pear Deck, Ed Puzzle, Flipgrid, Remind, Padlet)
* Broad knowledge of industry standards and best practices in the use of technology in schools, including the International Society for Technology in Education National Technology Standards (ISTE NETS)
* Strong problem solving capabilities with the capacity to learn independently.
* A strong ethical base and self-awareness
You are dependable, humble, have a sense of humor and a rock-solid commitment to Green Dot's mission and the communities we serve
You will need to pass a TB test and background check at time of offer
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to perform the job.
The annual salary for this position is $75,000 - $85,000, depending on experience. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan including (but not limited to) medical, dental, vision, life insurance and STRS participation, as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students. (Visit https://careers.greendot.org/benefits-salary/ to learn more.
This opportunity is grant funded through June 2022.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted, and we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Green Dot California Home Office, Los Angeles, CA