Isaac School District
Position DescriptionTITLE: Nurse AssistantCLASSIFICATION: Non-ExemptGENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
To assist in providing health care services to students and staff. PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Attends to the needs of students and staff that become ill or have accidents requiring medical attention. Makes necessary referrals to clinics or other types of services after consulting with nurse.
- Assists in maintaining the school health office and health records. Assists the nurse in ensuring all students have required immunizations or have been properly excluded according to state law and district policy.
- Assists in health screenings such as vision and hearing.
- Administers medications according to district policies and applicable state laws, rules and regulations.
- Orders and monitors supplies and equipment. Completes and maintains paperwork, reports and files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of medical terminology and basic nursing procedures and practices.
Knowledge of first aid and CPR.
Knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in performing basic nursing procedures.
Skill in maintaining files, reports and other medical documentation.
Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED or Certified Nurse Assistant, and one (1) year childcare or medical work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the required knowledge and skill.
Bilingual preferred.REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
The ability to obtain First Aid, CPR Certification, and Hearing Testing Certification within two (2) months of hire.
Job Category: Student Services > School Nurse Contact Information
- Hogla Gonzalez
- 3348 W McDowell Road
- Phoenix, Arizona 850092416