Provide professional development and services, develop products, and participate in special project activities in area of dyslexia and related disorders that support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals
1. Texas Teacher Certificate for the appropriate content and grade levels
2. Certified Academic Language Therapist (CALT)
1. Three years of experience in leadership position(s) related to campus-based teams
2. Five years of teaching experience in Reading/Language Arts and multisensory, structured language instruction
3. Experience in developing and presenting professional development
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Broad-based knowledge of Dyslexia and Related Disorders, current 504/IDEA Legislative Issues, dyslexia assessment, dyslexia intervention, and Response to Intervention
2. Broad-based knowledge of Reading/Language Arts education, pedagogy, assessment, instructional technology, and instructional coaching
3. Exemplary written and oral communication skills
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development.
2. Provide technical assistance and customized services, e.g. instructional coaching.
3. Develop products to support instruction and programming.
4. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development, services, and products in the area(s) of responsibility.
5. Assist with planning and implementation of ongoing needs assessment and services for Region 4 customer districts.
6. Participate in developing communication networks between Region 4 customer district personnel.
7. Assist in planning and developing special project activities, e.g., grant proposals, interdepartmental services, demonstration sites, research studies, and other customer-based projects.
8. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
9. Participate in state level functions related to area(s) of responsibility.
10. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.