The regional engagement manager will be responsible for supporting the Texas Charter Schools Association grassroots advocacy strategy by organizing and equipping parents, building strong relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to school leaders, teachers, staff, community leaders and elected officials at both local and state levels.
Position Reports to: Vice President of Strategic Engagement
Positions Supervised: None
C. Essential Job Functions
1. Implement advocacy and community engagement strategies to help support charter schools
2. Ensure that parents, teachers and other stakeholders are prepared to engage in local and state advocacy efforts
3. Develop partnerships with like-minded organizations that can provide support for charter schools
4. Engage parents and equip them with consistent, compelling, accurate information about public charter schools and involve them in advocacy efforts
5. Create opportunities for charter school leaders, parents, teachers, and other advocates to share their stories and messages with key community groups and individuals
6. Organize applicable parent training focused on grassroots advocacy efforts
7. Engage key stakeholders and organizations including school tours and opportunities to meet parents, teachers, students, board members, and others
8. Implement get out the vote opportunities in the identified region
D. Additional Job Functions:
1. Maintain regular and punctual attendance
2. Flexibility in scheduling as some responsibilities may require occasional evening or weekend work
3. Approximately 20% office time and 80% travel and engagement between schools in the Central Texas area
4. Work cooperatively with others.
5. The ability to work independently to achieve performance goals with minimal supervision
6. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
7. Physical demands include driving and some light physical labor including room setups and carrying printed materials
E. Additional Responsibilities
1. Skilled writer with attention to detail. Skilled communicator on all levels who can communicate complex issues to our internal and external stakeholders.
2. Work as a goal-oriented team player who can pay close attention to detail while multi-tasking.
3. Evidence of high-level organizational and analytical skills, and ability to manage and coordinate a number of projects and tasks simultaneously.
4. Knowledge of charter schools and the charter movement.