Who are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. Our students thrive because they are challenged and known. What is the Assistant Principal role?
As the Assistant Principal for Student Success at Brooke High, you work alongside the Principal of Brooke High School to build and sustain an exceptional high school that provides all students with a rigorous college-prep education. You will bear responsibility for ensuring that all students are provided with the appropriate supports and guidance needed to thrive, which includes managing services for students with disabilities, English Language learners, and students who are not succeeding academically.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the identification of students across the school who are not thriving academically based on established criteria as well as the Child Study Team Process
- Coordinate tutoring programs and all parent information about students who are failing, may need to be retained, etc.
- Directly manage the Director of Interventions and the School Psychologists
Special Education and ELL:
- Directly manage Special Education Teachers, Case Managers, and ELL Coordinator(s)
- Ensure that Brooke is in compliance with all SPED laws (in coordination with the Network Director of Student Support)
- Assist in Coordinated Program Reviews and other state / federal monitoring
General School Leadership:
Is This You?
- Run professional development on all issues related to Student Success
- Co-lead 9th grade orientation (with the principal and other assistant principals)
- You've earned a Bachelor's degree and have a deep knowledge of special education requirements (special education license or degree preferred).
- After at least 5 years of teaching experience and a record of strong student results, you have a vision for instructional excellence and know the importance of building a classroom culture where students are held to high behavioral and academic expectations.
- You believe that great teaching is the leading indicator of student success and have an unwavering belief in your students' capabilities.
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues.
- You are able to start on July 19, 2021.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.
Apply by our next priority deadline 2/26!
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head Employer Description
Our founders have understood and upheld teacher quality - not socioeconomic status or race - as the #1 predictor of student achievement.
Named after the late Senator Edward W. Brooke, the first African American popularly elected to the U.S. Senate, our mission is to provide an academically rigorous public education to students from Boston and Chelsea that will ensure that they are prepared to enter into and succeed in college. Brooke currently serves 1,900 students in grades K-12 at five campiuses in Boston. Learn more about us... Location Description
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of three K-8 public, charter schools dedicated to closing the achievement gap in the Greater Boston area. Brooke students are 98% minority and 78% qualify for free or reduced-price lunch. For nearly a decade, we have steadily expanded to provide more and more students with the quality education they deserve. The original Brooke School (Brooke Roslindale) serves 475 students in grades K-8. In August 2011, Brooke opened a second school (Brooke Mattapan) in a temporary location in South Boston, serving 168 students in grades K, 1, and 5, with plans to grow to full size (475 students in grades K-8) by 2014. In August 2012, Brooke opened its third K-8 school (Brooke East Boston), which will follow the same growth trajectory. This rate of growth makes Brooke the largest and fastest growing charter school network in Boston. Over the last few years, Brooke scholars have set a new bar for what is possible at an urban public school. For the last three years, Brooke 7th and 8th graders have ranked among the highest performing districts in the state and have been the highest performing district in the state on at least one Math or ELA test. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Brooke Charter Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Nicole Grandinetti, Director of Talent Recruitment
- 200 American Legion Highway
- Mattapan, Massachusetts 02124