We believe that all children have a fundamental right to an excellent education.
Alpha Public Schools will ensure that all of our scholars develop the academic skills and leadership habits required to succeed in college and live with integrity.
Campus Supervisor, Alpha Instructional Team
Do you believe that all students can achieve academic success? Are you passionate about working with students and helping to change their educational trajectories? Are you a strong collaborator who is excited by the opportunity to support a team in executing their goals?
If so, a position as an Campus Supervisor at Alpha may be the role you’re looking for. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to uphold high expectations, foster and facilitate the intellectual and social development of our scholars. The Alpha Campus Supervisor will approach instruction with patience and creativity, using activities and instructional methods that will motivate scholars. Alpha is fiercely entrepreneurial and our students, families, and teachers are focused on creating in our scholars self-reliant leaders who will achieve success in their school, college, and career.
What you’ll do…
- Embody the mission, vision and core beliefs of the school
- Teach and enforce school-wide systems, structures, and rules
- Execute all day-to-day Campus Supervisor responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment in the non classroom areas of the school, parking lot and grounds
- Enforce all school expectations with students and staff
- Manage office referral duty and facilitate mediation meetings with students, as needed
- Support Restorative justice practices (circles and conflict mediation)
- Monitors restrooms throughout the day
- Ensure a smooth traffic flow of students through the hallways, assisting students with on-time arrival to class and to assigned locations
- Assist with supervision in the breakfast and lunch periods
- Escort students who are being disruptive from classes when needed
- Monitor the physical safety of campus buildings by locking and unlocking doors and gates
- Keep unwanted visitors out of the building and off the grounds
- Assist visitors with directions and secure proper identification
- Enforce traffic and parking on campus during arrival and dismissal, as needed
- Help coordinate emergency plans and in emergency situations, respond to the scene,
- Provide first aid, and alert additional police or emergency personnel as appropriate
- Assist the professional staff, police, and emergency personnel in handling emergencies or disruptive situations.
- Write and submit incident reports to school leaders as appropriate
- Serve as crowd control at special school events
- Support the school leadership team with organizing and managing weekly celebrations
- Organize, manage, and account for student reflection system
- Account for tardy and attendance contract students
You stand out by being...
- Relationship Oriented: You build strong relationships with scholars and adults alike, and you successfully strike a balance of nurturing and firm in your communication with scholars
- Focused on Growth: You exhibit a strong commitment not only to our students, but also to your own continuous professional development. You possess the ability to implement feedback quickly
- Collaborative: You are especially team-oriented with stellar interpersonal and communication skills and are able to implement school-wide systems effectively and consistently
- Organized: You are self-motivated and reliable, with the ability to plan and execute on tasks; Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- Committed: You are committed to working with students in traditionally underserved communities and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Minimum qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED, required
- CPR and First Aid Certification, highly preferred
- Fluent in Spanish, highly preferred
- 5+ years of work experience
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online by clicking here: https://grnh.se/e441d88f1.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.