Start Date: August 2021Terms of Employment:
- Responsible To: Assistant Principal of Student Services
- Location: Upper Campus
- Calendar: 180 Day / School-Year Employee and up to 15 summer days as assigned
- Daily Schedule: 7:15 am - 3:00 pm
- Benefits: Eligible for medical benefits and paid leave. Please see the McHenry Community High School Educators' Association (MCHSEA) Collective Bargaining Agreement for more information on benefits associated with this position.
- Salary: Please see the McHenry Community High School Educators' Association (MCHSEA) Collective Bargaining Agreement for more information.
Issued Illinois Professional Educator License School Counselor endorsement required Bilingual endorsement preferred Knowledge of and experience with RAMP certification process is preferred Knowledge of an experience with Naviance is preferred Ability to stimulate students to actively participate in the learning process Ability to work closely with other staff members Responsibilities
Implement an effective comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program with a focus on academic, post-secondary, and social-emotional curriculum. Provide individual and group counseling services to students to help them cope effectively with personal, social, academic, career, and family concerns. Serve as a 504 case manager. Participate as a member of the Student Support Team. Assist with course enrollment to ensure students complete courses appropriate to their needs and meet graduation requirements. Provide evening presentations on counseling related topics as assigned. Must perform all responsibilities, classroom and supervisory, in a professional manner as expected of all district educators. Other relevant duties as assigned. The District:
- The McHenry High Schools provide a comprehensive education for approximately 2,300 students.
- The district has an Upper Campus (10-12 grade) and a Freshman Campus
- Class scheduling is a traditional eight-period day, 45-minute class periods, and a 45-minute lunch.
- Approximately 75% of our graduates attend post-secondary educational or vocational institutions
Job Category: Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Julia Pontarelli
- 4716 West Crystal Lake Road
- McHenry, Illinois 60050