About Elm CCS
We are an interdisciplinary and collaborative learning environment focused on cultivating civically engaged student leaders. Essential to our school’s philosophy is a relevant hands-on curriculum, along with the commitment to nurture each student’s social and emotional intelligence. We are looking for a team of individuals committed to fostering an environment that is innovative, collaborative, and equitable for both students and staff. Join us!
Office and Community Coordinator
Elm Community Charter School is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, and community-based Office and Community Coordinator (OCC) who cultivates a beautiful, organized, and smooth operating main office. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the OCC will be integral to the daily operations of the school in order to provide our learners with a dynamic educational experience.
- Supports Director of Operations in carrying out organizational tasks including student recruitment and enrollment, attendance, inventory, lunch program, transportation, and daily operations tasks;
- Creates an office space and culture that is welcoming, organized, and accessible to all stakeholders including staff, learners, families, and partners;
- Maintains the organization of student and staff files, communication lines, and operational spaces in order to ensure smooth systems, protocols and procedures;
- Key partner in planning and executing school-family events and involvement, including family nights;
- Responds to general school inquiries via phone, in person, and email with urgency and thoughtfulness;
- Establishes and maintains successful relationships with all members of the schools, builds partners to drive the goals of our school community;
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations in creating effective and efficient communications such as mailings or reminder phone calls;
- Integral in the maintenance of the school’s purchasing orders;
- Integral in daily operational systems including food services program, arrival and dismissal procedures, school safety drills;
- Tracks student attendance and meals; maintain student records, teacher records;
- Provides general administrative support to leadership including setup of professional development, printing of materials, and organization of staff needs;
- Assists in the set up and break down of school events; and
- Advocates for all policies, procedures, and communications across the school community to drive learner outcomes.
- Spanish-speaking: Oral (mandatory), Written (highly preferred);
- Demonstrated record of success in an administrative, secretarial, or office manager capacity;
- Exceptional organizational skills; considerable experience with technology, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Google Apps;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; demonstrated ability to work successfully on teams;
- Alignment to Elm’s mission, core beliefs, and educational philosophy
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have an incredibly high bar and keen eye for detail;
- Have a customer-service mentality, ensuring that all needs are met;
- Deeply embed themselves into the community of the school, ensuring strong relationships, high engagement, and great operational results;
- Are a champion of Elm’s belief that all members of the school community must be active learners and participants in order to ensure a high quality education for all our learners;
- Are a resourceful problem-solver who proactively shares best practices that drive our operational excellence; and
- Have a growth mindset.