The mission of the College Completion Director role is to lead College Track students to graduate with a bachelor’s degree within six years. S/he will lead a team of part time and full time employees to ensure 98% of students matriculate to college, 90% of college freshman successfully persist and 70% of college students graduate within six years.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Program development & Implementation: Develop and implement a five-prong approach that leads to bachelor degree attainment for all students:
- College exposure to college choices, leveraging the CT Scholar Profile,
- College applications to targeted colleges,
- College affordability, including FAFSA completion for all students and targeted scholarship applications,
- College matriculation conversations with students and families, and
- Student advising that builds self-management and self-reliance.
- Team Leadership: Hire, manage, lead, and develop a college completion team that achieves all expected outcomes. Team members include a College Completion Manager, College Completion Advisors and other staff to achieve high quality results aligned to the college completion strategy.
- Student Support: Oversee the individualized support of 12th grade students and create college transition plans for high school seniors to ensure students matriculate to college, graduate with manageable debt, and are set up for long term success.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in working with and advising college students; history of driving significant gains in student achievement
- Leads and inspires others under a shared vision of excellence
- Holds the highest expectations for students. Demonstrated success in motivating, influencing and managing students
- Builds relationships and communicates in ways that foster trust, value differences and further College Track’s mission. Strong interpersonal skills and effective at relationship building with students, families and partners
- Experience in hiring, developing and supporting talent. Creates the conditions for staff to learn, grow and do their work with ever increasing excellence
- Strong understanding of higher education, financial aid and college admissions
- Empathetic approach to challenging conversations, leading to student action
- Manages people, project and oneself to achieve excellent results and expand organizational impact
- Minimum 4-year college degree
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.