Campus 108 Charter School Leader
BakerRipley’s Promise Community School District provides an integrated holistic education system for families and their children ages six months through eighth grade. The Choices in Education division oversees the early childhood programs and the BakerRipley Charter Schools which include two community-based elementary schools, one middle school and an emerging campus (Campus 108 – name to be determined) slated to launch in the fall of 2020. Our holistic approach to educating the entire family allows us to create a stronger and more positive impact in the community. Both children and their parents gain access to education and broader community resources to prepare them for a successful degree and/or career.
Strategically direct and manage a fast-paced, high performance instructional program, oversee all campus activities, and supervise safe facility operations at the campus level. Provide instructional leadership to ensure rigorous standards of instructional service and a school culture built on strength and persistence. Adhere to all agency local, state and federal regulations. Ensure student achievement through planning, program implementation, community, family engagement, and data monitoring.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building and guiding the overall direction, coordination, and instructional supervision of the campus.
- Responsible for developing and managing the school budget which demonstrates effective fiscal oversight of the program.
- Develops and maintains quality student and staff data, monitors operational systems that closely support instructional priorities of the campus, district and agency to ensure a safe and risk-free learning environment.
- Constantly reviews and evaluates program activities and student attendance to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Develops corrective action plans as needed to support successful achievement of all campus goals.
- Identifies hires and develops quality staff to support high student achievement.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with key stakeholders (students, parents, staff, and community partners) to build strong relationships and programs supportive of student achievement.
- Daily monitors and assesses classroom instruction to ensure that effective, meaningful, and rigorous instruction is taking place.
- Evaluates all campus staff to support effective school operations and student achievement; develops and monitors professional development plans for staff in need of assistance or professional growth.
- Identifies, analyzes, and applies current research to facilitate school improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required preferably in educational administration from a competitive university.
- Minimum three years as an exemplary classroom teacher in an urban community.
- At least two years of experience in instructional leadership role.
- Mid-Management Certificate or Principal Standard Certificate (preferred)
- Certified in Professional Development Appraisal System (PDAS) or other appraisal system or ability to secure upon employment
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- Valid Texas driver’s license with appropriate insurance coverage
- Bilingual – English/Spanish speaking desired.
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to assess data and make data driven decisions focused on student achievement.
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness.
- Ability to manage budget and personnel in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Ability to accurately interpret and explain policy, procedures and data.
- Strong communications, public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the agency.
- Proven experience with sound management decisions.
- Ability to develop unique and novel solutions to problems based on sound judgment.
- Ability to travel around city as needed for work related issues/meetings.