About the Role:
The Curriculum Resource Manager keeps all of Population Education’s K-12 teaching resources current, oversees the creation of new curriculum items, ensures that all of the materials are aligned to professional educational standards for multiple subject areas, and promotes the resources to teachers through a variety of marketing strategies. More information about the program is at www.populationeducation.org.
- Oversee updates of all Population Education downloadable lesson plans for elementary, middle and secondary levels. This includes developing and managing a schedule of when updates should be done, which staff should assist in the research and writing of the updates, and implementing the changes in online files for upload to Population Education websites.
- Work with the educational team to conceptualize new curriculum offerings and plan steps for development and implementation.
- Work with a third-party vendor that aligns Population Education curricula to state and provincial curriculum standards to ensure the alignments are accurate.
- Market curriculum through a variety of strategies. This may include print and online educational publications, social media, blogs, promotional materials for educator conferences, email nurture campaigns, etc. This is done as part of coordinated campaigns, working with other program staff and marketing consultants.
- Assist in supervising interns and paid fellows.
Skills and Experience:
- A. or B.S. and a minimum of six years of relevant professional experience (teaching, curriculum development, project organization).
- Ability to write effective and engaging classroom activities on a wide variety of topics.
- Experience working within and meeting requirements of national and state standards frameworks.
- Strong computer skills (experience using InDesign a plus).
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable about current trends in K-12 education and best practices in developmentally-appropriate teaching.
Competencies and Personal Qualities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member in a collaborative, fast-paced program.
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to travel frequently and independently throughout the school year (Driver’s license a must.)
- Good sense of humor, creativity and flexibility.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for environmental, population and reproductive health issues.
Benefits include comprehensive medical benefits, generous annual and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, 401(K) plan with up to 6% match, life and disability insurance, and subsidized Smart Benefits.
Work in a collegial and supportive environment, walk to Farragut or Foggy Bottom Metro. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]. Reference Curriculum Resource Manager in subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Principals only. No phone calls please. Population Connection is an equal opportunity employer.