MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Department of Instructional Strategy supports school systems to bring learning to life for students across Texas. We do this by developing and offering a portfolio of different programs, products, and services that school systems can selectively use based on local needs. To increase effectiveness, the Division of Program Integration Strategy will lead and oversee a cohesive plan to support the successful digital integration of the agency’s resource offerings to enhance impact for school systems.
This Division is seeking a Digital Content Manager to oversee the vision and manage statewide digital content projects for the Office of School Programs. Priority projects include developing and implementing a cohesive content strategy to provide high-quality digital products and resources to educators. In addition, this position will coordinate development of intuitive and intelligent information architecture across digital platforms to maximize impact for the end-users across multiple agency teams and strategic initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Instructional Technology Supports within the Department of Instructional Strategy in the Office of School Programs.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience producing deliverables, such as content audits and analysis, SEO analysis and recommendations, accessibility audits, migration maps and plans, taxonomies, future content recommendations based on brand values, user journeys and wireframes, and personalization strategies and solutions. Additionally, candidates will have prior experience with content and learning management systems.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Oversees the development of a cohesive digital content strategy based upon agency goals and stakeholder experiences and expectations
- Collaborates with agency teams to create useful and usable digital content compliant with the prevailing content strategy, agency standards and branding, and content governance
- Prepares resources and guidance to support content governance compliance, such as content requirement matrices, editorial guidelines, style guides, calendars, search engine optimization (SEO) guidelines, and other digital content guides, as needed
- Trains content creators, contributors, and reviewers with respect to policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure governance of digital content products
- Oversees performance management across all content delivery channels; supports stakeholders to set key performance indicators, track performance, and use data to drive continuous improvement of resources offered to educators
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least four (4) years of experience in technology, education, or communications with a passion for public education. Project/Program Management or Content Management or experience as a Content Strategist or Content Manager or other preferred job-related experience in technical/web content development, production, or program/project management for a technology or digital media company is preferred.
Substitutions: Each advanced degree may substitute for two years of required experience.
- Experience overseeing teams, vendors, and contractors to create user-friendly information architecture to ensure focused and purposeful delivery of useful and usable digital content products
- Strong conceptual thinker with a demonstrated understanding of content strategy’s role in digital design and development processes
- Experience evaluating content products for compliance and alignment with organizational goals and objectives and industry standards
- Relentless focus on improving quantitative and qualitative student outcomes
- Belief that all Texas students can achieve at high levels and are able to succeed in college, career or the military
- Demonstrated understanding of the processes and challenges of school districts, charter schools and educational service centers and a track-record of system level outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication, specifically as it relates to clearly communicating technology supports to program teams without technology backgrounds
- Experience developing annual and quarterly reports to senior leadership, governance committees and other key stakeholders
- Experience authentically engaging stakeholders and leveraging feedback for continuous improvement
- Data-driven decision maker with the ability to structure ambiguity into actionable, value-added plans
- Adept in long-term planning and project management, including establishing outcomes, determining evaluative measures, tracking progress and data and analytics
- Ability to handle multiple, shifting, and competing priorities, and drive team towards results
- Consistently exercise excellent judgement, integrity, and commitment to personal responsibility and accountability
- A track record of performance and successful implementation across multiple concurrent projects
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a growth mindset and demonstrated ability to accept and implement both solicited and unsolicited feedback quickly
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve