Reporting to the Director of Operations and working closely with senior leadership, the Manager of Development has a desire to join an entrepreneurial and fast-paced organization. This leader is tasked with managing fundraising operations and execution across Latinos for Education’s footprint. We seek a highly-organized leader that shares our core values and embodies the belief that a quality education should be accessible to all Latino children.
GRANT WRITING AND REPORTING: (30%)
- Craft compelling grant proposals and reports to retain/grow national and local funding (Boston and Houston)
- Lead design and implementation of local and national annual reports
DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS (60%)
- Develop and maintain strong operations (e.g. funder and deadline tracking systems, data management, gift processing, donor acknowledgements, etc.) using Salesforce
- Collaborate on donor stewardship activities including developing relationships, drafting thank you and appeal letters, and supporting cultivation events
- Create and manage fundraising reports for staff, board, and key stakeholders
- Plan and execute constituent communications (e.g. events, newsletters, pitch decks, marketing materials, etc.)
- Manage and execute small gift campaigns online
- Create and update prospect research briefs
- Support C-suite and local Executive Directors with funder meeting preparations and follow-up
- Manage and track earned revenue from the Talent Hub, Aspiring Latino Leaders and Latino Board Fellowships
- Coordinate with the Program Team to gather impact and stories about our impact
- Identify, adapt and disseminate best practices through virtual role plays and other training activities
GENERAL MANAGEMENT: (10%)
- Set up and organize all files for managing work products on Office 365 cloud
- Participate in team meetings and collaborate with teammates vertically and horizontally as needed
- Help build organizational culture and embody Latinos for Education core values
- Support special projects as needed
The successful candidate will be highly organized, have impeccable attention to detail, and operate with a sense of urgency. Specific requirements include:
- Located in Boston, Chicago, or Houston
- 5+ years of professional experiences with at least two years of development experience, including demonstrated success in grant writing
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools
- Ability to manage multiple activities at once in a rapidly changing/growing start up and under pressure of deadlines
- A self-starter who can work virtually, in person, and in teams as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including superior writing, copy editing and proofreading ability
- Personal qualities of integrity, reliability, and passion for Latinos for Education’s mission and values
- Salesforce (software) experience
Salary commensurate with experience. This role requires occasional weekend and/or evening work. Benefits package includes generous flex time, health, dental, vision, life, and 401K match.
Equal opportunity statement:
Latinos for Education is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Latinos for Education’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.