Dynamic non-profit children's center in the beautiful Northeast Kingdom seeks an experienced leader in child care and early education to direct our excellent staff and program.
You: A competent and collaborative leader with a background in early education. The right candidate is organized and efficient with strong interpersonal skills and the desire to grow and develop a quality program.
We: Committed to high-quality care for our community of toddlers and preschoolers. We connect children and families to the broader community and the natural world. This is a full-time, year-round position.
Ensure compliance with Vermont Childcare Licensing standards
Manage participation in Vermont STARS
Manage administration of the Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program
Maintain program enrollment at 95%
Establish policies in partnership with the Board of Directors and communicate them to staff and parents
Manage budgeted program spending
Staff Supervision & Education Support
Supervise teaching staff including annual performance reviews
Hire and train new staff members
Provide professional development opportunities for staff
Collaborate with staff to develop educational programs and standards
Maintain instructional excellence
Coordinate staff schedules to ensure teacher to student ratios are met
Community & Family Engagement
Serve as a spokesperson, promoting our mission, values, and program
Communicate clearly and regularly with families in the program and the community
Connect with community partners.
Develop and update program information
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Salary: $41,000 to $47,800 Per Year
Job Category: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager Job Requirements
- Meet "Teacher Associate" qualifications as specified in the Vermont Child Care Licensing Regulations for Center-Based Childcare and Preschool Programs
- Vermont Early Childhood and Afterschool Program Director Certificate at Step One or higher OR willing to pursue
- Two years of experience supervising professionals
- Three years of experience as a teacher in a classroom setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Valid Driver's License and pass a fingerprint-supported background check
- Strongly preferred: Coursework related to financial management, experience creating & managing a budget
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Craftsbury Saplings
- 1097 Ketchum Hill Rd.
- Craftsbury, Vermont 05826