Start Date: ImmediateTerms of Employment:
- Provide security at McHenry West High School
- Hourly Rate: $13.77 minimum
- Calendar: 180 + 6 Float Day - School Year Calendar
- Hours: 8 hours per day plus a 1/2 hour unpaid lunch
- Daily Schedules: To be Determined
- Benefits: Medical insurance, paid sick time, paid personal time, and IMRF participation
- Responsible to: Building Administration
Responsibilities / Duties:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Dependable individual with the ability to take direction
- Must be flexible and adaptable to surroundings and situations
- Maintain a calm and pleasant demeanor during periods of adversity
- Ability to apply initiative when necessary
- Strong communications skills to work and develop relationships with students and staff
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must perform all responsibilities in a professional manner consistent with district policy and practices.
- Check parking lots daily for parking tags.
- Ensure students remain in the lunchroom and/or authorized areas.
- Monitor hallways, cafeteria, and various doors throughout the building.
- Ensure that students who are walking the halls have passes.
- Monitor outside the commons area and student parking lot for students who have walked out without authorization.
- Write referrals on any student being disruptive, cutting class, or any other behavior problems.
- Greet visitors and help direct them to their destination.
- Help the Assistant Principal/Dean of Students by escorting students who have been suspended from school out of the building.
- Check video cameras for students leaving school, being disruptive in hallways, or any criminal activity on school grounds.
- Monitor mobile classrooms.
- Assist with directing traffic in the student parking lot.
- Put out and/or put away traffic safety cones.
- Maintain student confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain high visibility at all times when supervising hallways and checking student passes.
- Work with the building administration, teachers, and students to establish regulations and procedures for students when necessary.
- Report student accidents immediately to the Main Office.
- Provide written reports of incidents and accidents.
- Assist Resource Officers, Security, and Building Administration as needed.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Job Category: Support Staff > Safety/Security Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Julia Pontarelli
- 4716 West Crystal Lake Road
- McHenry, Illinois 60050