Start Date: August 2021Terms of Employment:
- Responsible To: Assistant Principal of Student Services
- Location: Upper Campus; traveling to educational institutions is required
- Calendar: 180 Day / School-Year Employee and up to 15 summer days as assigned
- Benefits: Eligible for medical benefits and paid leave. Please see the McHenry Community High School Educators' Association (MCHSEA) Collective Bargaining Agreement for more information on benefits associated with this position.
- Salary: Please see the McHenry Community High School Educators' Association (MCHSEA) Collective Bargaining Agreement for more information.
Issued Illinois Professional Educator License with a School Counselor endorsement is required. Five years of experience in a teaching or student services field. Flexibility of schedule is required. Ability to attend evening events is required. Ability to travel, including to off-site post-secondary institutions. Ability to work independently as a self-starter and work in a team environment. An ability to foster positive student/school/community relations. Strong interpersonal, writing skills, and technology skills. Expertise of knowledge of FAFSA and scholarships. Communicate effectively with students, community, staff, and administration. Excellent work ethic. The ability to come to work on a regular basis and to be timely. The ability to attend evening and weekend events as assigned. Responsibilities
Schedule and attend fact-finding visits to establish relationships with college representatives and admissions counselors to provide support for MCHS students seeking post-secondary admissions. Coordinate MCHS College/Career Expo as well as other college/career programs for all MCHS students. Assist with the coordination of the MTI Expo. Work with school counselors, families, and students to develop appropriate post-secondary education plans. Prepare and share college and career education and instructional resources to students, families, and staff including presentations/workshops on post-secondary options, financial aid, and admissions process. Assist in the FAFSA application process and track the completion of graduation requirements. Assist students with the coordination of job shadowing, work placements, apprenticeship and internship opportunities. Coordinate day-to-day operations of the college and career center; schedule activities, college representative visits, programs, and speakers as needed. Connect with post-secondary education institutions, coordinate site-visits to post-secondary education institutions, arrange for travel, transportation, and scheduling as needed. Contact, schedule, and arrange guest speakers from post-secondary education institutions and military services to present information regarding specific occupations or opportunities. Develop and maintain a current and comprehensive library, including online resources, regarding careers, employment trends, requirements, and opportunities. Coordinate the implementation of Naviance and other resources into the developmental school counseling program. Track student success data including college applications and acceptances; alumni post-secondary enrollments; alumni college degrees and/or certifications. Consult with division chairs in course creation and in the selection of course titles as it relates to the preparation of the school profile and the NCAA approved courses. Maintain content for the website related to post-secondary education. Serve as school representative for the National Merit Scholarship process, Presidential Scholar applications, Illinois State Scholar program, and any additional school nominated scholarship programs. Other duties as assigned. The District:
- The McHenry High Schools provide a comprehensive education for approximately 2,300 students.
- The district has an Upper Campus (10-12 grade) and a Freshman Campus
- Class scheduling is a traditional eight-period day, 45-minute class periods, and a 45-minute lunch.
- Approximately 75% of our graduates attend post-secondary educational or vocational institutions
Job Category: Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Julia Pontarelli
- 4716 West Crystal Lake Road
- McHenry, Illinois 60050