This position will run from approximately March 29, 2021 through the end of the school year.
To assist teachers with instruction to students in behavior, life skills, social skills, emotional regulation and academics:
• Ability to consistently reinforce varied instructional techniques within a classroom setting
• Interpersonal skills suited to working with designated student population (moderate to severe disabilities)
• Working knowledge of computer technology
• Assist teacher with follow-up small group instruction; further assist with general monitoring/classroom management
• Assist teacher in instructional preparation and as a team member servicing students
(may include: assisting with lifting/transferring students in/out of wheelchairs, activities of daily living/hygiene/toileting/feeding, community/vocational based supervision)
• Assist in classroom and building supervision of designated students
• Familiarity with behavior management techniques and positive behavior supports
• Capable of extending intervention techniques to other settings within the school/community
• Familiarity with daily data collection techniques and recording (or willingness to learn)
• Other duties and classroom/program assignments as reasonably required
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Location Description
The mission of the Middleborough Public Schools is to prepare all students to excel in life.
STRUCTURE AND PHILOSOPHY
"The overarching purpose of all schooling in our society is to help students become responsible citizens, lifelong learners, and healthy, caring, ethical, and intellectually reflective individuals. The skills, knowledge, and personal competence that students acquire in school should enable them to be successful now and in the future." (Excerpted from This We Believe, National Middle School Association, Columbus, Ohio.)
Nichols Middle School offers an environment that fosters the growth of the individual student and eases the transition from the elementary classroom to the specialized subject program of the high school.
Our school is designed to meet the unique educational, personal, physical, social, and emotional needs of adolescents. In addition to developing interpersonal relationships and respect for the values of others, each student has the opportunity for maximum growth in knowledge, confidence, and self-esteem.
We offer a varied program of studies including unified arts and extracurricular activities that foster a student's curiosity and willingness to learn while developing and strengthening basic skills. We provide an environment that encourages student achievement and challenges all students.
The middle school utilizes a team structure that is an effective organizational pattern used by most middle schools throughout the United States. Each student is assigned to an academic team composed of English, reading, mathematics, social studies, and science teachers.
The faculty at Nichols Middle School recognizes the vital role parents' play in the education of their children and encourages frequent and open communication between home and school. We have fall and winter conferences for all parents. In addition, parents benefit from the team structure, as it provides easy access to the team of teachers. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
The Middleborough Public School System does not discriminate in its educational activities or employment practices on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, homelessness, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law. Job Requirements
- High school education and diploma required; post high school education preferred
Associate Degree in Education or BA preferred
Preferred Certified in CPR/ First Aid
Interpersonal skills suited to working with designated special education student population with all disabilities
Willingness to obtain 7D Driver's License
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Heidi Letendre, Principal
- 112 Tiger Drive
- Middleborough, Massachusetts 02346
- Phone: 508-946-2020
- Fax: 508-94602019
- Email: click here