POSITION OVERVIEW: The Talent Acquisition Specialist believes that for the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to support every Texas public school student to be ready for college, career or the military, the Agency must first have a workforce made up of high-performing individuals who are committed to improving outcomes for Texas students.
With that core belief as a guiding principle, the Talent Acquisition Specialist works closely with members of the Human Resources team to design and implement stakeholder-centered and data-informed recruitment, selection and onboarding strategies. This individual plays a critical role in ensuring TEA has a mission-driven, results-oriented team of professionals working on behalf of Texas’ 5.4 million public school students.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letter are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Selection Strategy Implementation: Independently manages a cohort of requisitions, including key vacancies identified by leadership, ensuring each position is successfully filled by leveraging best practices in hiring and in alignment with Talent Acquisition strategy
- Onboarding Strategy Implementation: In support of employee onboarding, coordinates and supports implementation of a high-quality, mission-centered, bi-monthly New Employee Orientation session
- Strategy and Process Improvements: Assists in the development of process improvements related to recruitment, selection and onboarding informed by both stakeholder input and quantitative data; designs and implements improvements that are tailored to meet the Agency's needs and are compliant with state and federal laws; successfully completes special projects as assigned
- Thought-Partnership to Hiring Managers: With the support of the Manager of Talent Acquisition, serves as a strategic thought partner to the Agency's hiring managers and leadership – coaching and counseling on strategy to build teams of high-performers committed to the Agency's mission and ensuring all hiring decisions and personnel actions are compliant with state and federal laws
- Recruitment Strategy Implementation: Supports the development and implementation of a recruitment and marketing strategy that will attract a robust pool of high-quality candidates to TEA’s currently available, as well as future, job opportunities
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in talent management; experience in education, non-profit sector, or state government is preferred.
- Knowledge of talent recruitment, selection and onboarding best practices
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Ability to use data to improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ease and comfort in presenting to groups of stakeholders
- A strong customer-service mindset with a focus on engaging both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
- Ability to self-reflect, give/receive feedback, and continuously improve
- Familiarity with CAPPS Recruit or Taleo systems is a plus
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification is a plus
- Skilled in use of technology including Microsoft Office Suite