JOB TITLE: Blended Learning Instructional Coach, Math
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a state-wide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college!
KIPP Texas-Houston has been awarded a ground-breaking, 4-year Math Innovation Grant (MIZ) from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and is looking for an instructional coach to drive student outcomes by relying on effective instructional coaching practices and deploying blended learning classroom strategies. As an advisor to teachers and the leadership team, and in partnership with the district’s blended learning team and external partners, the coach will set and execute the vision for the MIZ and work collaboratively with the school leadership team and teachers to develop and deliver blended learning instructional strategies and intervention programs for students.
- Co-create implementation plan with blended learning project manager and additional stakeholders, and then execute plan, all in accordance with the Math Innovation Zone grant and in partnership with district and external stakeholders
- Co-create short-term goals and a long-term plans for blended learning implementation and teacher coaching, with input of various stakeholders
- Develop clear time frame and measurement(s) for each goal in the plan and manage the daily, weekly, and monthly support cyclems implementation of the plan and achieving those goals
- Consider and act on ways the learnings from the blended implementations at KIPP Zenith and KIPP Spirit should inform larger blended learning strategy for KIPP Texas by leading and participating in discussions and decisions related to academic strategy
- Develop and deliver instructional strategies through instructional coaching that drive student outcomes
- Work in parallel with instructional coach and/or assistant principal in delivering the core instructional moves of lesson internalization, observation and feedback, and data driven instruction
- Ensure all instructional strategies are aligned with KIPP’s goal and strategy for providing a guaranteed, viable, lived curriculum for all students
- Collaborate with teachers, school leadership, and regional leadership team to identify areas in which teachers need PD for blended learning practices that can advance student learning
- Deliver blended learning PD through weekly observation and coaching cycle, in partnership with school leadership team
- Create and deliver stand-alone PD for teachers to support blended learning implementation
- Research external models of blended learning and bring those learnings to bear on blended classrooms at KIPP Zenith and KIPP Spirit
- Use student outcome data to inform instruction, instructional model, and teacher and student support
- Regularly lead the teachers and instructional coaches through the design process to create and iterate instructional strategies that will be implemented in the blended learning classrooms
- Determine efficacy of the designed instructional practices by analyzing student learning and behavior data relative to 2020 student outcome goals and make swift plans to address student outcome issues related to instruction and/or instructional model
Skills and Qualifications
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited four year educational institution. An advanced degree in Educational Technology, and/or Instructional Design or equivalent is highly desirable
- Achieved measurable outcomes with students using a blended learning model in his/her classroom and impacted the practices of other teachers - either as a teacher leader or as an instructional coach - that led to measurable outcomes with students using a blended learning models
- Extremely knowledgeable about the blended learning models
- Ability to establish rapport with families and children
- Ability to work both on broad-based strategy and everyday details
- Prior experience teaching and/or supporting math is highly desirable
- Prior experience working on large scale district level projects is highly desirable
- Classroom teaching or coaching experience using a blended learning model is preferred
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent relationship building skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Able to effectively prioritize and multitask around several activities
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.