JOB TITLE: Contract Administration Specialist
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a state-wide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with reviewing, negotiating and managing contracts including amendments, extensions, versioning and archives to meet the needs of KIPP Texas, Inc. dba KIPP Texas Public Schools. Under general supervision, the Contract Administration Specialist is responsible for reviewing and creating contracts that reduce liability, include advantageous terms and conditions and create the best value for KIPP Texas, Inc. The Contract Administration Specialist will help to create a systematic method for requesting contract reviews, help communicate the difference between an MOU, Contract or Lease and work with Procurement to ensure contracts are compliant.
The Contract Administration Specialist will:
Skills and Qualifications
Education and Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s preferred, plus minimum of 2 years experience working in a relevant capacity
· Strong understanding of contract terms, state and Federal contract laws
· Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
· Proven written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work with a wide-range of people and personalities
· Must be flexible and have the ability to work in a constantly changing environment
· Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task, with a proven record of meeting deadlines
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Proficiency using computers, printers, copy machines, and fax machines
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.