What will you do all day?
At NMSI, our people mean everything to us; they are the lifeblood of the organization. NMSI is looking for a Senior Manager, School Partnerships and Cultivation to drive forward development plans that support NMSI’s multi-region program delivery goals and objectives. You will support the Senior Director, Business Development in planning and implementing short- and long- range school partnership/cultivation and other business development initiative strategies to fulfill NMSI’s goals and priorities.
What are the details?
The Senior Manager, School Partnerships and Cultivation will work collaboratively with designated teams across NMSI to develop new school business targets for NMSI’s College Readiness Program (CRP), Laying the Foundation (LTF), and other services and programs in support of the Department of Defense, Fee-for-Service, and philanthropy-funded programs. These cultivation efforts will support strategic regions as well as opportunistic growth across the nation.
- Work collaboratively with designated teams across NMSI, to leverage opportunities in existing NMSI school districts for delivery of LTF.
- Support designated teams across NMSI and, in particular, NMSI School Program Managers to leverage opportunities to deliver additional services to CRP alumni schools.
- Work with other members of the Growth and Development team to plan and implement engagement and relationship building strategies at the Local Education Agency (LEA) level and across large urban districts in support of programmatic growth.
- Work collaboratively with the Growth/Development Team to ensure well-coordinated and effective pursuit, closing, and funding strategies for new schools.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate teams to ensure that we are accurately using data (good fit algorithm/rubric and other tools) to inform our cultivation decisions.
- Serve as a thought partner and resource for the Senior Director, Business Development and the Vice President of Growth and Fund Development team to successfully establish future cohort schools and provide funding solutions to ensure the continued growth of NMSI.
- Develop/inform strategic planning in developing future candidate schools.
- Develop and implement tools and strategies to provide successful cultivation outcomes.
- Develop strategic priorities for CRP and LTF programming as they relate to NMSI growth objectives and priorities.
- Develop strategic partnerships with external agencies and organizations to ensure continual growth of objective NMSI cohorts and widespread support/endorsement of NMSI programs.
- Cultivate relationships and work with the Program, Teaching and Learning, and Strategic Initiatives teams to help ensure development of effective programming in schools and LEAs.
- Review and provide input to CRP candidate school planning budgets.
- Work in detail with Growth Team Fundraising to provide precision in terms of funding capabilities/options to support target cohorts.
- Work in detail with Programs Team to ensure early (18-24 months before implementation) resolution of school fit and validate/establish strategic targets.
- Develop requirements for and use data to inform strategic planning for cultivation and fund-raising efforts.
- Create systems and protocols to manage data-directed conversations within Growth and with Programs, Teaching and Learning, and Strategic Initiatives teams.
- Manage a close working relationship among Program, Growth, and Strategic Initiatives teams to ensure information exchange, coordination of efforts, and general support for LTF programming.
- Monitor program development and design and ensure that adequate resources are available to meet program needs;
- Regularly observe CRP/LTF trainings and CRP/LTF external consultants to provide real-time feedback to internal staff and external partners regarding course implementation successes/challenges.
- Report on the cultivation status of CRP and LTF programs.
- Develop and complete all reporting as required to support program development and successful cultivation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who you are
- Education & Experience. You have a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of experience. Strongly preferred experience as a teacher; school, district, or and/or program administrator experience. You have experience with the full suite of NMSI training programs (preferred).
- Critical and Strategic Thinker. You have an analytical approach with a strong ability to think creatively. You think analytically, prioritize tasks and develop processes that monitor progress and performance. You rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Entrepreneurial. You live for the hustle that’s required to forge new paths. You collaborate well with others to make things happen. You work best when you have lots to do with multiple competing priorities.
- Strong communicator. Interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, and the ability to authentically connect with diverse constituencies;
- Solutions-oriented and Results-driven. You’re comfortable navigating through complex environments toward positive outcomes.
- Relationship Builder. You have a knack for building relationships quickly and inspiring those around you. A room full of strangers doesn’t make you nervous.
- Organized & Productive. You possess strong organizational skills while working in a fast-paced environment. You can work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines. You posses strong attention to detail.
- Inclusive. You can work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or job type—or any other factor that makes us unique!
Want to learn more?
The National Math and Science Initiative is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming math and science education in today’s classrooms and ensuring that all students have the knowledge and skills to thrive in the global economy of the 21st century. Founded in 2007, NMSI began by dramatically improving student participation and success in rigorous Advanced Placement math, science and English courses in 85 courses across seven states. Today, NMSI has scaled its proven program to serve more than 1.5 million students, 50,000 teachers, 1,000 high schools and 45 universities across 40 states, and is having a demonstrable and lasting impact on student outcomes.
NMSI Next, our five-year strategic plan, deepens our commitment to transform our current programs. In doing so, we will also launch a bold approach to partnering with school systems that drive outcomes not only at the student and school system levels but also at the regional and national levels. NMSI Next is anchored on the concept that the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts and that our teamwork and program work go hand in hand. Additionally, we believe that our impact on the school system, regional, and national levels will reinforce itself to ensure population-level outcomes.
We believe STEM education is the greatest lever to accessing opportunity and is unmatched in unlocking student potential. Specifically, NMSI Next will implement the following strategic levers so that all students, especially those furthest from opportunity, thrive and reach their highest potential as problem solvers and lifelong learners, pursue their passions and tackle the world’s toughest challenges.
- Catalyze bold thinking and enduring solutions for all students nationally
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders to drive sustainable changes
- Provide school systems a world-class K-12 solution set
- Build a strong, sustainable, and nimble organization positioning us to deliver exponential impact
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. National Math + Science Initiative (NMSI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NMSI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.