We believe that all children have a fundamental right to an excellent education.
Alpha Public Schools will ensure that all of our scholars develop the academic skills and leadership habits required to succeed in college and live with integrity.
Manager of Data and Analytics
Are you passionate about using data to drive academic achievement? Do you enjoy helping school and network leaders make decisions based on data visualizations, dashboards, and other tools and protocols? Are you influential and disciplined enough to make sure the most important work gets done, driving teams closer and closer to fulfilling their mission?
If so, Alpha’s Manager of Data and Analytics role may be just what you’re looking for. In addition to creating data reports and dashboards by pulling data from various databases and systems, developing efficient data processes and systems for data reporting and collection, managing existing databases, and ensuring data accuracy and quality, you will support leaders across the organization to dig into their data and create plans to accelerate our work.
What you’ll do…
- Craft insights by analyzing academic data for the four network schools, sharing those insights to help leaders at schools and the network take action to improve
- Design tools and protocols to help leaders and teachers impact students by taking insights from their own data
- Own the Alpha data model - you’ll own and be the expert on all our systems, from our student information system, Illuminate - an online tool that holds student information, administers assessments, and creates report cards - to our data warehouse, to analysis systems like Tableau. You will train school sites, troubleshoot problems, and liaise with vendors
- Develop excitement across our community - staff, parents, scholars, board members, and funders - about using our data to improve, and help each team take concrete steps to improve their programs based on data
- Analyze key data to produce tools, presentations, professional development, and make sure that everyone in our organization has the data they need to make decisions and respond to key requests when they need it
- Manage key assessments - including NWEA/MAP, SBAC, CAST, and ELPAC - by designing assessment calendars and protocols, coordinating compliance and reporting, and supporting schools throughout the year
You really set yourself apart by being…
- A data communicator: You can easily see trends in data, pull out key stories about where we are excelling and what can help us move forward
- A spirited problem solver: You have a “can-do” attitude in the face of adversity and enjoy problem solving creatively and relentlessly through thorny, unexpected challenges
- An excellent listener: When educators need help designing a tool to look at their data better, you are able to ask questions about their needs and the limitations of the data, understand the questions behind their questions, and create something high-impact that they can use to drive student achievement
- A dedicated relationship builder: You create strong connections with stakeholders at all levels, and you build collaborative, communicative, and motivating relationships
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency with Tableau and Excel required (basic SQL is preferred)
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]