Assists classroom teachers in providing a well-organized classroom environment to ensure a positive learning environment that enables students to benefit from instructional program; provides a variety of clerical, teaching and instructional support assistance for students and teachers ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Assists teachers in providing an effective learning environment
- Assists teachers in lesson preparations
- Assists teacher in preparation of instructional materials
- Maintains vigilance to signs of child abuse or neglect
- Provides positive reinforcement for students
- Supports the teacher in maintaining classroom control
- Assists in special class presentations, field trips, and activities as requested
- Assists with evaluating and testing students, as requested by teacher
- Handles routine clerical work, as assigned
- Supervises students outside of the classroom when requested
- Assists the teacher with instruction and evaluation of student work
- Works with small groups and/or 1-on-1 with students to help ensure understanding of lessons and reinforces material introduced by the teacher
- Assists teacher in checking notebooks, correcting papers and supervising make-up work
- Participates in professional growth activities such as training programs and continuing education
- Reinforcement of classroom behavior plans and its rewards and/or consequences
- Directs and redirects students during school-wide activities
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of District rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic educational instructional methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of general office clerical and copying methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of principles of confidential and regulatory school records and files management practices.
- Knowledge of customer service methods and techniques
- Ability to speak and read English proficiently
- Skill in assisting students and teachers in completing educational activities and exercises.
- Skill in setting up, preparing and cleaning up after classroom activities.
- Skill in following written and oral directions and lesson plans.
- Skill in performing a variety of general clerical and copying duties.
- Skill in organizing activities and services for classroom teachers. Skill in written and oral communications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
:Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and six (6) months' work experience with students in educational and recreational work environment
- Previous classroom instruction experience preferred
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
- Criminal justice/Fingerprint clearance
- Maintain requirements for access to Fort Huachuca
Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirementsComputer Proficiency
: Demonstrated general proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and job specific computer programs. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee may be required to move ten pounds and could occasionally lift or move up to twenty-five pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Indoor and outdoor classroom environment. This position regularly works indoors. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet to moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have contact with employees, external agencies and the public. May be exposed to infectious diseases, air, water and bodily fluid borne pathogens.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Mark Goodman
- PO Box 12954
- Fort Huachuca, Arizona 85670