DEER TRAIL 26J SCHOOL DISTRICT 130 South 2 nd Ave. POB 129DEER TRAIL, CO 80105PHONE (303) 769-4421, FAX 303-769-4600 or EMAIL: [email protected]Hayley Whitehead, District SecretaryDATE OF POSTING
: March 24, 2021POSITION
: K-12 Music Teacher (four-day school week totaling 165 day teaching contract)SALARY RANGE
: Salary starts at $34,330. (Depending on Experience) Licensed Staff Salary Schedule plus School District Comprehensive Benefits Package. Additional coaching compensation and instructional duties compensation available.PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
: Must complete application online at www.dt26j.com
. Please submit resume and three letters of reference listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Questions: contact [email protected]QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION:
- Minimum B.A/B.S. in Music Education with background in general and instrumental (band/vocal) music
- Hold or be able to obtain a Colorado Teacher's License from Colorado Department of Education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Colorado music standards and assessments
- Creative and foundational experience in building and sustaining a quality music, vocal and band programs desirable
- Demonstrated ability to ensure student academic success/experience in working with a broad range of students
- Solid background in integrating the teaching of reading and writing and problem solving skills with music education.
- Computer and Technology skills preferred
- Able to work as a team member.
- Experience working with diverse populations and second language learners preferred.
- Bilingual/Biliterate in Spanish/English preferred but not required.
- Coaching and other instructional opportunities available.
All positions open until filled. Must apply online.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
- Assignment starting in August of 2021.
- All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of BOE.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- No smoking is allowed in any DT26J school buildings or facilities.
- Selected applicant must comply with the District's Drug-Free Workplace policy.
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Deer Trail 26J does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Deer Trail 26J School District: 130 South Second Avenue, Deer Trail, CO 80105, 303.769.4421, [email protected]
Job Categories: Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education Contact Information
- BJ Buchmann
- 350 Second Avenue
- PO Box 129
- Deer Trail, Colorado 80105