WORTHINGTON SCHOOL DISTRICT
147 Huntington Road
Worthington, MA 01098
Long-Term Substitute Building and Grounds Keeper
The Worthington School District is seeking a long-term substitute custodian. The building and grounds keeper is responsible for assuming total responsibility for the school building and grounds, maintaining the condition of security, cleanliness and operating excellence that provides full support of the educational program at all times.
Works under the supervision of the Principal.
Evaluated by the Principal or designee.
School setting including indoor and outdoor facilities. The position may require going on the roof, around the grounds of Conwell, and traveling to different locations to pick up necessary tools and equipment for the maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
• Follow established schedules and written procedures for the regular and COVID health and safety protocols, ongoing custodial care of the school facility.
• Has ability to comprehend and follow both verbal and written directions via email, telephone, and face-to -face related to custodial assignments and duties.
• Inspect the building continuously, and confer with the Principal on short- and long-range custodial needs.
• Plan, schedule and oversee all routine work assignments, seasonal projects and special maintenance or repairs, ensuring a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency.
• Maintain a complete inventory of equipment, supplies and materials sufficient to support the full functioning and operation of all the building systems and equipment.
• Serve as the primary respondent for all facilities-related concerns and to carry out all supervisory and custodial functions that may be necessary to accomplish the above responsibilities.
• Has the ability to work indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions and climates to perform custodial duties and responsibilities such as; several hours per day standing, walking, sitting, lifting, bending, reaching and twisting.
• Raises and lowers the school and Town U.S. Flag and State Flag if available as required on a daily basis.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Works independently with general guidance from Principal.
• Maintains cooperative relationships with students and adults.
• Manages time to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school or vocational school diploma.
• Supervisory and work experience in a comparable position.
• Possession of a valid Massachusetts driver's license.
• Ability to interact positively with students, staff and the public.
• Understanding of heating, electrical, plumbing and ventilation systems.
• Skill in the use of technology in monitoring and operating building systems.
• Working knowledge of OSHA, Massachusetts Department of Labor and Industries Occupational Safety standards, and Massachusetts "Right to Know" law relative to safe storage and handling of hazardous materials.
• Knowledge of and commitment to school safety and emergency preparedness and management.
• Aptitude for successful performance of the tasks listed above.
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications may be appropriate and acceptable.
District CORI Check required before employment begins.
Federal Fingerprint Check required before employment begins.
Good general health.
Alert, physically assertive and mobile at all times.
Lift, push, or pull 50 pounds as required;
Mobility to regularly walk, stand, stoop, reach, bend and occasionally run.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Long-term substitute position not to exceed five months
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Equal Opportunity Employer
Hampshire Regional School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- No experience required
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application questions required for this job posting.Contact Information
- Gretchen Morse-Dobosz, Superintendent/Principal
- 147 Huntington Road
- Worthington, Massachusetts 01098
- Phone: 413-238-5577 x 140
- Fax: 413-238-5880
- Email: click here