Position is 8 hours per day / 52 weeks per year QUALIFICATIONS :
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Proficiency in the use of computers - Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, Google and PowerSchool BusinessPLUS Financial Software. Ability to input numerical data, and perform calculations using the 10-Key numeric keypad.
- Knowledge and practical accounting experience beyond basic bookkeeping. Knowledge of district accounting procedures and the Michigan School Accounting Manual (1022). Ability to perform high level of accounting, analytical and mathematical skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to coordinate and process data in a timely and accurate manner with bi-weekly deadlines. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with staff and provide strong customer service. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to recognize problem areas, seek and provide solutions to increase efficiency.
- Demonstrate a sincere liking for people of all ages and ability to resolve their concerns without sacrificing objectivity for the needs of the organization. Provide support for staff in the buildings.
- Demonstrate qualities of loyalty and appreciation for confidentiality in relationships with the supervisor and the organization.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- High School diploma required. A minimum of two years' experience in purchasing, accounting/bookkeeping or accounts payable required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Additional coursework or degree in accounting preferred.
- Work with the Supervisor of Finance to implement, develop, and maintain district accounts payable procedures in compliance with Board of Education, State and Federal laws, and the Michigan School Accounting Manual governing the payment of invoices for all vendors, utilities and staff.
- Process bi-weekly accounts payable check runs. Prepare reports for Board review and audit purposes, maintain accurate and organized records of same. Monitor ACH/EFT payments.
- Point of contact for upgrades and problems with the Financial Management System for accounts payable and building secretaries requiring assistance.
- Year-end procedures which include invoice accruals, audit preparation, and processing of 1099's related to all vendors for submission to the IRS.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a backup capacity to the Purchasing Coordinator.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor in the preparation of annual budget, financial reports and financial transactions including journal entries.
- Perform analytical tasks and reports for the Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations and the Supervisor of Finance, including but not limited to: copier expenses, e-rate reporting and filing, sinking/bond fund expenditures, fuel expenses, review of compliance with outside vendor contracts and billings.
- Coordinate correspondence for all telephone issues and Verizon Wireless for implementation of phone orders and billing.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations and the Supervisor of Finance.
In accordance with the current Secretarial Contract - Classification 39
Salary Range: $15.97 - $18.43 per hour
Fringe Benefits Include: medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance,
life insurance. Cash in lieu of insurance benefit also available. TO BEGIN
: April 2021
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. For further information you may contact Eric Whitney, Assistant Superintendent for Talent Development and Management at 248.865.6426.
Job Category: Support Staff > Accounting/Bookkeeping Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Lisa Perri
- 5810 Commerce Road
- West Bloomfield, Michigan 48324