Use the data from a research-based teacher-student interaction assessment tool to increase the quality in prekindergarten programs through coaching prekindergarten teachers.
Valid Texas Teacher Certificate
1. Four years teaching in early childhood (birth-2nd grade)
2. Experience in instructional coaching 3. Experience in developing and presenting professional development
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Broad-based knowledge of early childhood education, pedagogy, assessment, instructional technology, and instructional coaching
2. Ability to problem-solve and plan strategically
3. Exemplary written and oral communication skills
1. Master’s degree with at least 15 hours of early childhood-related coursework
2. Experience in working with a teacher-student interaction tool
1. Create and implement action plans for prekindergarten teachers based on assessment data
2. Use an assessment/training/coaching cycle as the basis for improving interactions between teachers and students
3. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development.
4. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
5. Participate in state level functions related to area(s) of responsibility
6. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal/state grant that funds this position.
7. Create a sustainability plan to continue or expand the pilot program
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors/ Mental Demands:
Frequent use of standard office equipment; prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; repetitive hand motions (keyboarding and use of mouse); occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 20 pounds); may work prolonged and irregular hours; occasional statewide travel; work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under pressure.