Manage Initiative 1: General Early Childhood Support of the Regional Early Childhood Education Support Specialist (RECESS) grant and complete required grant activities.
Valid Texas Teacher Certificate to include early childhood education
1. Four years teaching in early childhood (birth-2nd grade)
2. Three years in district/campus supervisory role
3. Experience in instructional coaching
4. Experience in collaborating with community partners
5. Experience in grant management
6. Experience in developing and presenting professional development
7. Experience in working with the Early Childhood Data System (ECDS)
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Broad-based knowledge of early childhood education, pedagogy, assessment, instructional technology, and instructional coaching
2. Ability to problem-solve and plan strategically for large-scale projects
3. Exemplary written and oral communication skills
1. Master’s degree with at least 15 hours of early childhood-related coursework
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development.
2. Provide coaching support.
3. Develop parent resource guides.
4. Develop strategic plan aligned to needs-assessment results.
5. Increase parents’ access to research-based parenting programs.
6. Provide assessment support.
7. Provide support in implementing resources and tools.
8. Participate in developing communication networks between Region 4 and LEAs and early learning centers.
9. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
10. Participate in state level functions related to area(s) of responsibility.
11. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal/state grant that funds this position.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors/ Mental Demands:
Frequent use of standard office equipment; prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; repetitive hand motions (keyboarding and use of mouse); occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 20 pounds); may work prolonged and irregular hours; occasional statewide travel; work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under pressure.