Thank you for your interest in SAU#6. SAU#6 accepts applications through our online portal only. Please submit your application using our website https://www. applitrack.com/sau6/onlineapp/
. A job description is attached to this job posting within our portal.
Basic Position Details are outlined below:Description: K-8 Special Education Teacher - Part-timeJob Summary: This position exists to case manage, provide specialized direct instruction, and coordinate the implementation of classroom accommodations and modifications for students identified for Special Education services at Unity Elementary School.Essential Job Functions
- Provide specialized direct instruction to students identified for Special Education services.
- Conduct educational assessments of students involved in the special education process.
- Develop appropriate, measurable educational and transitional goals and objectives for students' educational plans.
- Maintain the Special Education file for students assigned to the teacher's caseload
- Complete all necessary paperwork required to meet state compliance requirements.
- Conduct all necessary Special Education meetings with school staff, parents and/or students.
- Elicit parent participation in program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Maintain required paperwork including but not limited to IEP related paperwork, student data, and classroom correspondence.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings to discuss and resolve staff and program issues and concerns.
- Participate in projects and committees as requested by administration.
- Work collaboratively with other UES colleagues, member district administrators and representatives of outside agencies.
- Submit reports and other required information to the SAU Office by the dates assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum certification required for this position: General Special Education or Statement of Eligibility for certification.
Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education Contact Information
- Nathan LaVanway, Assistant Director of Business & Finance
- 165 Broad Street
- Claremont, New Hampshire 03743