This position will be until the end of the 2020-2021 school year.Job Purpose
The Paraprofessional is responsible for supporting students and classroom teachers within the school setting by performing a variety of supportive Essential Job Functions
- Works with individual/small groups of students to reinforce instruction and support student learning.
- Supports classroom teachers in curriculum development, activity modification, and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Supports/modifies classroom curricula and provides reinforcement for specific students (under supervision of appropriate professional).
- Implements curriculum materials under the supervision of a classroom teacher and/or special educator.
- Assists students with work completion within classroom & guided study settings.
- Provides assistance in meeting IEP goals/objectives.
- Assists with general classroom behavior management procedures.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
The Waits River Valley School is a unified school district (USD#36), serving the communities of Topsham and Corinth. While approximately 250 students currently attend our K-8 school, our approximately 140 High School students attend various High Schools, given our unique school choice status. Our school is adjacent the beautiful Waits River, in one of Vermont's most picturesque settings, just 25 miles from our capitol city. Our progressive approach to education, integration of technology, and openness to innovation sets us apart from the others. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Orange East Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- Preference given to candidates who have experience working with youth.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application questions required for this job posting. Contact Information
- Carlotta Simonds-Perantoni, Principal
- 6 Waits River Valley Road
- East Corinth, Vermont 05040
- Phone: 802-439-5534
- Fax: 802-439-6444
- Email: click here