Director, Strategy Consulting Practice
Are you passionate and committed to the education sector and making an impact? Have you
worked in the sector and demonstrated leadership in your role or position? Are you
interested in helping to build a sector-leading advisory business?
Tyton Partners is seeking dynamic, seasoned professionals who are interested in working
with companies and non-profits, institutions and investors across the K-12, postsecondary
and corporate learning markets. We are action-oriented advisors with unmatched knowledge
of the sector that leads to rigorous analysis and rapid time to insight.
We are eager to share more about Tyton Partners and the role of Director with qualified
With an exclusive focus on one of the most dynamic global sectors, Tyton Partners works at the
intersection of market and mission to help diverse companies, institutions, and investors make the
best decisions to catalyze their organizational objectives. Selected recent client engagements
- Developing a new market and product growth strategy for a K-12, project-based learning supplemental services provider serving students globally
- Building a go-to-market strategy for an innovative digital curriculum provider serving K-12 district and postsecondary faculty and institutions
- Partnering with a state university system to design and build an investment case for a new online initiative. The recommended model delivered completion pathways for students and employers and was integrated across the heterogenous state institutional system.
- Facilitating development of an enterprise growth strategy for a global postsecondary and workforce development education provider
- Conducting commercial diligence on behalf of financial and strategic investors acquiring K-12, postsecondary, and corporate training businesses
- Assisting a leading national foundation to understand the evolution of and key gaps within priority market segments to support the development of their grant-making strategies
If you are interested in building and expanding a dynamic professional services firm with a best-in class sector brand, we are eager to meet you and share more about the Tyton Partners’ platform and vision.
The Director Opportunity
A core driver of Tyton Partners’ success is the Director, who plays a critical leadership role within the
organization by driving and creating value across client, talent, and Firm development initiatives.
A Director contributes to client satisfaction and the expansion of existing relationships through
exemplary project management and team development activities. He/she should possess experience
and an aptitude for building new relationships for Tyton Partners across the various segments it
serves. As a rapidly growing professional services firm, the Director juggles multiple responsibilities,
managing key projects and functional initiatives that support the evolution of the organization and the
business infrastructure required for long-term success. He/she also takes an active role developing
the Firm’s presence and impact through market-facing thought leadership activities.
As a member of the Consulting Practice’s senior leadership, the Director works closely with the
Partners to set the direction for and execution of annual goals and priorities. There is ample room for
growth as a Director at Tyton Partners, and we are developing our leadership team in ways that best
match the aspirations of each individual and the Firm.
This is an ideal position for an experienced professional services contributor who is ready to take on a leadership role in a growing firm with an entrepreneurial and collaborative culture.
Primary responsibilities of a Director include:
- Simultaneously managing multiple projects from kick-off through delivery of final client deliverables while driving team to fact-based and analytically rigorous answers and insightful
recommendations to our clients, which includes:
- Leading day-to-day project management communication with external and internal stakeholders;
- Structuring and performing analyses and conducting primary research to uncover the insights that support our recommendations;
- Synthesizing research and analysis and building clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations and research briefs; and
- Presenting findings and recommendations at team and client meetings
- Expand existing client relationships through repeat engagements and building ongoing advisor-of-choice relationships with senior leaders
- Drive new client acquisition by leveraging past relationships or building new ones within a particular segment of the education ecosystem
- Develop the Firm by leveraging internal and external networks, building deep knowledge of sector trends, supporting team recruitment, and developing best practices
- Manage, develop, and mentor junior team members
This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Superior analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise mature judgment in dynamic situations
- Outstanding interpersonal and team-building skills; able to manage up, down, and across an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with an ability to work independently and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership for breakthrough ideas and strategy formulation
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in dynamic and evolving environments
- Willingness and ability to travel up to ~30%
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 7+ years consulting or other relevant professional experience, or an MBA, PhD, or EdD, with 5+ years relevant professional experience
- Prior experience in consulting, market research, or other relevant analytical role required
- Demonstrated interest and strong experience in the education sector required.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] and reference the job title
in the subject line.
About Tyton Partners
Tyton Partners is the leading provider of strategy consulting and investment banking services to the
global knowledge sector. With years of experience across the education sector, including evaluation
of PreK–12, postsecondary, corporate training, and lifelong learning markets, our team leverages its
expertise to offer a spectrum of services to our clients:
- Tyton Partners’ consulting practice delivers strategic planning, growth strategy development, portfolio assessment, go-to-market strategy, business partnership strategy and execution, strategic due diligence, and acquisition support to emerging and established education businesses, non-profit organizations, higher education institutions, foundations and other investors
- Tyton Partners’ investment banking practice offers services that include sell- and buy-side advisory, corporate divestures, valuation and fairness opinions, strategic partnerships and joint ventures, capital access, fund formation, and executive team and board advisement to private and public companies and leading investors.