DEER TRAIL SCHOOL DISTRICT 26JADMINISTRATION BUILDING 130 SOUTH SECOND AVENUE, P.O.B 129DEER TRAIL, CO 80501PHONE (303) 769-4421, FAX 303-769-4600 or Email: [email protected]
Hayley Whitehead, District SecretaryDATE OF POSTING:
March 30, 2021POSITION:
Special Education Teacher - Four (4) Day School Week. Full year (165-day contract)SALARY RANGE:
Licensed Staff Salary Schedule Plus School District Comprehensive Benefits Package. Salary starts at $34,330., experience plus up to eight additional steps for a hard to fill position
. Housing available.PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Please submit an application (available online at www.dt26j.com
along with a letter of interest and a current resume listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Applicant must apply online.QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION
- Minimum B.A. in Special Education (Masters desirable) - SPED Generalist license.
- Experience as a Special Education Teacher preferred or
- Hold or be able to obtain a Colorado Teachers' License from Colorado Department of Education.
- Computer and Technology skills preferred.
- Able to work as a team member.
- Prefer teaching experience with students of all ages.
- Experience working with diverse populations. Bilingual/Biliterate (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
- Teaching of Reading & Writing is highly desirable.
- - Small Class sizes, great help and support from East Central BOCES Special Education Services
- - Coaching available.
: All positions open until filled. Must apply online.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
An equal opportunity affirmative action employer
- Assignment starting for this position is August of 2021
- All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of BOE.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- No smoking is allowed in any DT26J school buildings or facilities.
- Selected applicant must comply with the District's Drug-Free Workplace policy.
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Deer Trail 26J does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Deer Trail 26J School District: 130 South Second Avenue, Deer Trail, CO 80105, 303.769.4421, [email protected] Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education
- BJ Buchmann
- 350 Second Avenue
- PO Box 129
- Deer Trail, Colorado 80105