Endeavor College Prep is a transitional kindergarten through eighth-grade charter school serving the historically underserved neighborhood of Boyle Heights. Among our early accomplishments are a 2012 California Distinguished School Award and a #8 ranking in USC’s 2013 list of top charter schools in the state. Our student population is 100% extraordinary, 97% Latino, 95% free/reduced lunch, 38% English Language Learners, and 14% of our students receive special education services.
Our team is made up of a highly collaborative group of teachers and staff who share a passion for closing the achievement gap. We use a co-teaching structure in elementary grades and team teaching in middle grades, modeled after the successful Uncommon Schools and Achievement First schools on the east coast. We have high expectations for academics and discipline, and simultaneously value joy in the classroom, making learning fun for our scholars and teachers.
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager will support the school operations team in the day-to-day operations of Endeavor.
The Operations Manager’sprimary duties and responsibilities include:
- Improve and implement systems that contribute and drive school operations toward operational excellence.
- Maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholders, keeping the Director of Operations informed and updated on all aspects of school operations.
- Lead, plan and execute short term school-based projects.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for school events and activities as needed, including but not limited to, parent meetings, special events, fundraisers, translation scheduling, and field trips.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts to ensure they are properly executed.
- Book conferences and travel for external professional development opportunities.
- Directly manage and coach the Office Manager.
- Troubleshoot common technology-related issues.
- Own the schedule for technology use on-site.
- Liaise with external IT consultants.
- Evaluate/recommend products and vendors.
- Oversee technology implementation.
- Maintain a technology inventory.
- Train staff in technology use and setup.
- Oversee internal fiscal controls.
- Support school-based operations where needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or Director of Operations.
General Qualifications for All Endeavor College Prep Faculty & Staff
All faculty and staff must possess a firm belief in our mission and core instructional beliefs, exemplary personal character, and critical professional qualifications. Ideal candidates for employment at Endeavor College Prep, regardless of their position, will consistently demonstrate the following:
- Unwavering belief in and commitment to fulfill Endeavor College Prep’s mission
- Embodiment of Endeavor College Prep’s PRIDE values -- preparation, respect, integrity, determination, and enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations with students, parents, and faculty
- Desire to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Willingness to have frequent and honest dialogue about job performance
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in individual professional development
- Demonstrate commitment to academic excellence and high standards -- for themselves, their students, and their colleagues
- Experience working with urban student populations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Use of data to inform decisions and drive continuous improvement
- Comfort with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Regular, punctual attendance, and professional appearance
- Experience working at a school or a busy office setting
- Experience managing adults (highly preferred)
- Fluency in Spanish (read, write and speak fluently)
- Superior attention to detail and organization