Reporting to the Chief Finance and Operating Officer, the Director of Operations oversees all aspects of technology, facilities and operations across the organization. The Director of Operations, a key member of the Mission Support Leads team, ensures that site operations meet high standards of operational excellence, enabling site leaders and staff to focus on driving strong student outcomes. This role will be work strategically with senior leaders of the organization and directly manage the National Operations Manager and the IT Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Set a bold vision for and implement a plan to streamline, standardize, and strengthen performance, reliability, robustness and scalability in operational areas across the network to build a best-in-class operations function at College Track.
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities across national, regional and site operations as it relates primarily to IT and facilities and defining escalation paths and transparency around accountability as the organization continues to evolve.
- Interface with senior leaders across every department to gauge and improve effectiveness of support and services.
- Develop and execute appropriate procedures that meet compliance with local laws and standard operating procedures in all functional areas.
- Lead departmental short-term and long-term planning and initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
IT and Facilities Oversight
- Grow and manage an IT team of staff and consultants to support all systems for a 150 (and growing) national company.
- Oversee IT vendor selection and relationships; negotiate and manage vendor contracts; support facility vendor selection and relationships.
- Oversee the coordination of national real estate acquisition, buildout, space planning, and facilities maintenance consistent with the College Track brand.
- Oversee facility issues, including major maintenance projects, shared space agreements and student safety.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- In collaboration with the HR, Talent and Finance departments, serve as primary liaison addressing operational risk management issues and policies.
- Ensures full compliance with all codes, regulations (local, state, and federal), and safety standards to protect the well-being of all students, guests, and employees occupying the buildings.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Minimum 5-7 years of operational management experience required, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth organization.
- Minimum of 1-3 years supervising experience.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills; demonstrated success with cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge in IT infrastructure and facility contracts, laws and regulations.
- Results driven, strong strategic and analytical skills with an aptitude for shifting from fire-fighting to systems-building
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Self-starter with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability; feels comfortable operating in fast-paced, ambiguous environments with limited direction
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and hold others accountable to upholding high standards of operational excellence
- Strong learning orientation (e.g. constant learner, exhibits strong self-awareness of and initiative to develop one’s growth areas, accepts and promptly incorporates feedback)