Please apply for this job opportunity using our application website https://www.applitrack.com/ sau6/onlineapp/
. SAU#6 uses this website exclusively to review candidate applications.
SAU#6 Job Description Form
JOB TITLE: School Psychologist
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
JOB DESCRIPTION LAST UPDATED: 7.13.18
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The School Psychologist provides a full range of school psychological services to children ages 0-21, including screening and assessing students, designing behavior intervention plans, and counseling in individual and group settings. The School Psychologist functions as a member of the IEP team to determine the student's eligibility for special education services and appropriate programming. All procedures are to be in compliance with the New Hampshire Standards for the Education of Children with Disabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Requires psychological and psychoeducation evaluation and assessment including obtaining and interpreting psychological and educational data; functioning as a professional school psychologist on interdisciplinary teams; synthesizing information; linking assessment results and contributing to educationally relevant decisions; communicating effectively in written and oral form, making recommendations to parents, classroom teachers, and other educational personnel; intervening and facilitating of the functioning of individuals and groups of preschool and school aged children and youth.
- Requires demonstration of individual and group counseling skills, collaborative skills, coaching skills, leadership skills, problem solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills, data analysis skills, and technology skills in the areas of psychological software programs, information resources, instructional interventions, national and state assessments, office software, student database systems, and office equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by such a person.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- NH School Psychologist Certification.
- Experience and other qualifications as specified by the Director fo Special Education.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Fluent undersatnding of and adherence to the New Hampshire Standards for the Education of Children with Disabilities.
Physical demands of the job are as follows:
Notable Activity Requirements
Frequency (Constant, Frequent, Occassional, Unlikely)
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling 25lbs - 50lbs
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling > 50lbs
It is also anticipated that stress will be associated with this position primarily due to the demands of this position. It is necessary that the individual have the capacity to remain calm, considerate, and tactful under stressful and unanticipated situations.
Individual must exercise a high level of confidentiality in handling staff and student information.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Thank you for your interest in SAU#6!
Job Category: Student Services > Psychologist Contact Information
- Nathan LaVanway, Assistant Director of Business & Finance
- 165 Broad Street
- Claremont, New Hampshire 03743