Lead the instructional program and supervise operations at San Jacinto Elementary School.
Provide instructional leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service.
Direct the implementation of district policies and instructional programs and manage the operation of all campus activities.QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Education/Certification :
Valid Texas teaching certificate or Out of State reciprocity process started
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas administrative certificate or Out of State reciprocity process started
Preferred: Advanced Education Leadership (AEL) certification, Instructional Leadership Training (ILT), or Instructional Leadership Development (ILD) or Out of State reciprocal certifications
Preferred: Certified T-TESS Appraiser or Out of State reciprocal certifications
Special Knowledge/Skills :
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate the instructional program and teaching effectiveness
Excellent communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Ability to lead groups of people through a collaborative effort
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to interpret data
Ability to effectively communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Work Conditions :Tools/Equipment Used:
Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.Posture:
Frequent sitting and standing; occasional bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, and twistingMotion:
Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; reachingLifting:
Occasional lifting and carrying (less than 60 pounds); occasional physical restraint of students to control behaviorEnvironment:
May work prolonged or irregular hours; work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), exposure to noise; occasional districtwide and statewide travelMental Demands:
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; ability to respond to needs in a timely manner in a high stress environmentRegular Attendance is an essential function
Minimum Experience :
Three years of successful experience as a classroom teacher as evidenced by performance evaluations
Three years of successful experience as a campus administrator (principal, associate principal, or assistant principal) as evidenced by performance evaluations
Preferred: Three years of experience at the elementary school level
Preferred: Five years of experience as a campus administrator (principal, associate principal, or assistant principal)MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that program activities are related to program outcomes and use these findings for corrective action.
2. Work with staff to plan, implement, and evaluate the curriculum on a systemic basis; include students and community representatives (when appropriate).
3. Provide instructional resources and materials to support teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
4. Foster collegiality and team building among staff; encourage their active involvement in the decision process.
5. Provide for two-way communication with superintendent, staff, students, parents and community.
6. Communicate and promote expectation for high level performance from staff and students; recognize excellence and achievement.
7. Facilitate effective and timely resolution of conflicts.
8. Determine and build a common vision with staff for school improvement; direct planning activities and implements program collaboratively with staff to ensure attainment of school's mission.
9. Identify, analyze, and apply research findings (e.g., effective school correlates) to facilitate school improvement.
10. Lead a collaborative process to develop campus performance objectives involving staff, parents, and community members.
11. Develop, maintain, and use appropriate information systems and record necessary for attainment of campus performance objectives addressing each academic excellence indicator.
12. Interview, select, and orient new staff.
13. Define expectations for staff performance regarding instructional strategies, classroom management and communication with the public.
14. Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences with all staff.
15. Make recommendations relative to personnel placement, transfer, retention, promotion, and dismissal.
16. Confer with subordinates regarding their professional growth; work jointly with them to develop and accomplish improvement goals.
17. Comply with district policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations affecting the schools.
18. Develop budgets based upon documented program needs, estimated enrollment, fiscal control, ac curately report fiscal information.
19. Manage the use of school facilities; supervise maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly and safe campus.
20. Work with faculty and encourages student input to develop a student management system that r esults in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
21. Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
21. Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers concerning school and student issues.
22. Use information and insights provided through assessment instruments, the district appraisal process, evaluation feedback from line supervisors and professional development programs to improve performance.
23. Provide leadership in addressing challenges facing the profession; pursue professional development activities; disseminate ideas and information to otherprofessionals.
24. Observe professional ethical standards in accordance with generally accepted community standards and the Texas Education Agency code of ethics.
25. Articulate the school's mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
26. Demonstrate awareness of school/community needs and initiate activities to meet those identified needs.
27. Use appropriate and effective techniques for community and parent involvement.
28. Exhibit multicultural awareness, sensitivity and appreciation.
29. Maintain confidentiality.
30. Abide by State and Federal laws, District policies, campus expectations and Texas Educator Code of Ethics.
31. Perform other such duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise and evaluate the performance of assistant principal(s), teacher(s), counselor(s), librarian(s), and support staff.
Job Category: Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School Contact Information
- Chris Tatum
- 7200 Interstate 40 West
- Amarillo, Texas 79106