Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation's 7 th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best educational experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we welcomed our region's first graduating seniors. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family; college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students' graduate college ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve over 20,000 students at 30 schools in the region by 2022. Role Mission:
IDEA administrative assistants provide clerical support to the principal(s), so that the principal can maximize his/her time due to reliable, efficient administrative support. By prioritized scheduling, streamlined communication, and thorough logistical preparation for events, the administrative assistant enables the principal(s) to maximize their impact in helping make college for all children a reality. Accountabilities
- Manage principal's correspondence, including answering incoming phone calls, emails, and letters
- Plan, prepare, and update principal's calendar
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Schedule events and plan logistics for meetings
- Reconcile credit cards and prepare monthly expense reports
- Other duties as they arise
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and throughcollege
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn andimprove quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieveoutcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: High school diploma required, associate's or bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: 2+ years' experience working in an administrative support position
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Experience working in an administrative support position
- Ability to think proactively and work with minimal direction
- Ability to pleasantly communicate with all levels of staff and the public
Salaries for this role typically fall between $15.43 $17.74, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.