Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. Role Mission:
The role of the Instructional Compensation Administrator is to support the administration of current compensation programs, policies , and procedures , ensuring they are executed with fidelity, accuracy, and efficiency . The Instructional Compensation Administrator is managed by the Director of Instructional Compensation and partners closely with the Instructional Compensation Analyst and others on the Compensation and Benefits team .
This is a national role and candidates can be located remotely or in any of IDEA's current regions. Accountabilities Improve transparency and clarity around our instructional compensation with goal of 85% Teacher and Co-Teacher Retention
98% of instructional stipends paid accurately and ontime
- Maintain IDEA teacher and co-teacher pay scales , stipend schedules, and other policy documents related to our bonusprogram
- Support with T eacher Career Pathway (TCP) handbook review and updates
- Ensure Hub site and website has accurate and updated information about instructionalpay
- Support with initial data file build-out to launch stipends process, including updating masters' degree information, certification information, and confirming eligibility
98% of instructional bonuses paid accurately and ontime
- Support with following up with expired or soon to expire certifications with a focus on SPED Certifications to remain within guidelines.
- Plan timeline and support on the biannual audit for hybrid stipends.
- Support with TCP Rubric review process and other TCP processes (e.g., placement updates ) asneeded
Provide strong customer service so that our instructional staff can focus on theirwork
- Complete pre-work files for TCP for all campuses by deadline
- Track and report TCP dashboard completion throughout the TCP Manager Reviews
- Manu a l ly audit TCP Files and dashboards for accuracy of placement.
- Prepare attendance bonus files in partnership with Employee Information Systems team
- Support to ensure TCP and student achievement and any other related bonus files are accurate and submitted to payroll bydeadline
Live values of IDEA
- First response to questions about instructional salaries, stipends, our Teacher Career Pathway, and other bonuses , escalating to Instructional Compensation Analyst and Director of Instructional Compensation as appropriate
- Provide strong and responsive customer service through Zendesk and other communication forums to promote a sense of employee care andwellbeing
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and throughcollege
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable forthem
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn andimprove quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity andchange
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of theorganization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieveoutcomes
- Embodies IDEA's corevalues
- Ability to work extended workdays to support business needs.
- Attention todetail
- Excellent customer service skills, both written and oral, and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is alsoacceptable
- Experience: Experience in Compensation administration within a public sector and/or Educational Sector preferred
- Proficiency in use of Word, Excel, and HRIS software . Candidate must have the ability to research, analyze, report, and make sound judgments.
- Learning/ Adaptivity
- Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $43,700 and $51,500, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organization goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.