Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53 ,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (202 0 ), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation's 7 th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we welcomed our region's first graduating seniors. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family; college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students ' graduate college ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve 29,000 students at 37 local schools by 2022. Role Mission:
The Special Education Manager role is to support the regional portfolio of schools in the areas of special education student academic achievement through effective IEP implementation, high rigor in RISE classrooms, and Critical Student Intervention (CSI). The special education manager will ensure consistent and quality coaching, training, and data debrief support for those managing special education teachers in his/her region through building strong business partnerships with regional leaders and academic service team.Accountabilities:1. Ensure successful implementation of CSI in their region so that 50% of the CSI students grow 2.0 years in Reading and 60% Math or end the year On Grade Level
- Ability to read and interpret data in order to prioritize high leverage next action steps to increase CSI student achivement
- Conduct field observations of CSI classrooms at campuses in your region to increase student achievement data.
- Ensure delivery of high quality trainings for CSI based on specific regional needs.
- Deeply understand the CSI model, last year's results, and priorities for improvement within the first month of hire
- Maintain a positive working relationship with National Institute for Direct Instruction (NIFDI) as a partner in our CSI programming
2.15% increase in number of Special Education students in your region meeting Closing the Gap STAAR growth goal
- Ensure all special education teachers in the region are proficient in Illuminate and teacher dashboard in order to be able to pull student data effectively
- Ability to read and analyze assessment data to prioritize the highest leverage next action steps
- Observe and coach special education teacher managers around holding highly effective data conversations to increase student achievement results.
- Work with campuses to create an effective tutorial plan for special education students.
3.90% of participants in your region rate Professional Development as a 4 or higher for New Teacher Institute, Course Collaborations, Mid year hire trainings, and Bi-Weekly webinars
- Gather information from teachers and leaders in the region to determine the most relevant topics for teacher training
- Work with Special Education Department in region and national for identifying high quality sessions that are needed for the region
- Hold regional feedback and rehearsals of all Professional Development sessions
- Mentor regional interventionist, RISE, and special education course leaders in the region
4.85% Special Education teacher, Interventionist, and co-teacher retention from August to August
- Partner with staffing team to design and execute regional teacher retention strategy
- Monitor campus culture and partner with lead teams to coach and retain teachers
- Build relationships with teachers and communicate TCP initiatives
- Assist campus leaders in hiring high quality certified special education teachers who understand and are committed to IDEAs Special Education service delivery model.
5.Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree preferred
At least 2 years of teacher experience required
Proven success with Special Education student achievement
ELA content knowledge a plus
Direct Instruction Decoding program knowledge preferred
- Licenses or Certifications:
Texas teaching certificate
Special Education teaching certificate preferredKnowledge and Skills:
- Strong regional business partnerships required
- Strong instructional coaching required (ELA preferred)
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.