Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. Role Mission
: In order to ensure the maximum successes for our students, IDEA's teachers, leaders, and district staff members rely on strong data to inform decision - making. The Assessment Manager (AM) plays a mission - critical role by managing the implementation of student assessments , data collection and reporting through systems and dashboards , and ensuring 100% of students have optimal testing environments across the organization . As a result of this work , stakeholders have a ccurate and efficient access to data and can make data driven instructional decisions for 100% of students . Accountabilities: Meets 95% of assigned testing program & system deadlines on time, based on respective annual operating plans
Less than .001% irregularities districtwide for all state and national assessments across the district.
- D evelop, update, and follow annual operating plans for assigned district and state testing programs and systems to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Manage assigned testing programs and systems, and develop strong business partnerships with vendor account representatives to ensure the district meets the goal of 100% of students complete testing for all appropriate tests within the designated deadlines
- Develop strong business partnerships with the following district teams to help develop plans and obtain necessary data and information: S oftware D evelopment, Student Information Systems , Research & Analysis, College Success, S pecial P rograms, Individualized Learning, Information Technology, and Program .
- Coach and develop testing coordinators to meet the goal of 100% of students complete testing for all appropriate tests within the designated deadlines
- Support the national Assessment Team in state, district, and collegiate testing material ordering, handling, management, and shipment.
- Manage the test materials ordering process for designated tests to ensure 100% of schools have the correct materials on time and in the correct quantities
- Actively collaborate with district S pecial P rograms staff t o ensure accommodation-related training is created and delivered on campuses
- Develop and deliver high-quality training materials and testing resources/tools to be used districtwide to prepare campuses to administer specific tests
8 0 % of testing coordinators retained from July to June
- Train, c oach and manage testing coordinators on proper testing procedures and how they can support the implementation of proper accommodations during testing
- Participate in the development and execution of annual differentiated scope and sequence for testing coordinator training.
Commitment to high quality customer service 100% of the time.
- Design and deliver high quality training sessions for testing coordinators, such that 90% of training participants rate "I would recommend this training to a colleague" as a 4 or 5.
- Offer testing-related office hours throughout the year to increase contact with testing coordinators
- Coach and support testing coordinators in testing procedures
- Develop and cascade testing-related training videos and resources in the Assessment Team section of the Student Performance & Advocacy HUB and in the Testing Coordinator TEAMS group to reinforce the knowledge learned at trainings.
- 95% of testing support requests are completed within 24 hours (business day), based on Zen Desk reports
- Thrives within a fast-paced, feedback heavy, customer service-oriented team.
- Is responsive to feedback and requests, and engages in proactive planning
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
Live the values of IDEA
- Is flexible regarding tasks and work schedule
- Able to multi-task, is organized and excels in time management
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improvequickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
Superv isory Responsibiliti es:
- Embodies IDEA's core values
Competencie s :
- No direct reports to supervise.
- Must be able to lead and influence others where no direct reporting exists ; specifically provides guidance and mentorship to testing coordinators at each campus.
- Mission focus
- Managing self and others
- Record of results
- Building relationships
- Customer service orientation
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One ( 1 ) year successful experience with state , district , and/or colleg e admission standardized assessment programs at the campus/district level, preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- One (1) year successful e xperience conducting staff development and/or training in-person and/or online, preferred.
- Must work out of the district Headquarters in Weslaco, TX or the nearest Regional Office in San Antonio, TX daily .
- Must be able to travel to various regions or out of state , on occasion, for 1 or more days at a time, potentially including weekends.
- Minimum of 40+ hours worktime per week . Must be willing to working in evening and/or weekend to meet assigned tasks and deadlines , if needed.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills required .
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required .
- Strong wri tten and verbal communication , leadership and interpersonal skills required .
- Capable of managing others through influence.
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $51,900 and $61,800 , commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.